• DEADP00L1391 - Dean, Ralathor, Ser Proletius - DEADP00L1391
  • Andaar - Kallista Angelbane, ? - Andaar
Members
  • AbyssianOne - Rapture - AbyssianOne
  • AlucardHS - Vee, Zen - AluHS
  • DavidBelanger - ? - Sunstarr
  • Derrin01 - ? - ?
  • DezaraXboxLive - Dezara, ? - Dezara
  • DirtBagMan - Brut Al, Ginsu Scissorhands, Minim Al, Prim Al, Kryst Al - DirtBagMan
  • Firereader - Fine Al - ?
  • George Bravo - StaticX - ?
  • Jamehz - ? - Jamehz
  • JoshSmith14 - Amonon Coilbone, OP Pally - ?
  • Keith Wallace - Lil Frier, ? - Lil Frier
  • Littlebib - Ulvein, Ulvein Jr - Littlebib
  • Matthew Fifer - Steve Rogers - Mafifer
  • Matt Riddle - Sceaduo, Aes Sedai, Shi Pei Pu - Sceaduo
  • Metal Miracle - ? - Metal Miracle
  • Pandjman - Punch, Snow - Pandjman
  • PerfectZer0 - Zer0, Zer0-2, Zer0-3, Zer0-4 - PerfectZer0
  • Pwaaijenberg - Quinn Urthadar, Pride - Afterthinker
  • SirMyKey - Lord Arseraptor - ?
  • [URL="http://forums.windowscentral.com/members/mascurado.htm"]M[/URL]ascurado - Mascurado, Mascurado CW - Soxfan13
  • Thyrennia - Tzalvarn Cheysul, Rhys Dragosani - Thyrennia
  • Tizzle Grumble Bizzell - Grumble - Tizzle Bizzell
Guild Videos

Each category is ordered from most recent to least recent.

Livestreams

Every few months, Windows Central streams Neverwinter on Twitch and gives out special prizes to live viewers.

Guild Meetups and Teamups

Guides and Interviews

Useful articles and guides

Be sure to subscribe to this thread, enable email notifications, and post often!

Last edited:

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
woooo this is getting serious here :p
Message me too if anyone wants to join guild or cant get Paul to do so. GT: IccyAsd (Let me know you are from WC)

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've definitely gotten into the game and guilds really help you out down the road when you start doing dungeons and raids. The guild is off to a great start. The nice thing about doing the daily quests in the stronghold is that you get XP and the guild get resources to help build more buildings (and offer more to you). It's win - win. Of course, the main thing is to keep leveling since things really get interesting at 70.

I've taken 3 chars to 70, so if anyone has any questions about the mechanics of the game then post here. I don't have all of the answers, but I know more than I did a few months ago. Happy questing!

~ Harbor Smashmouth (Oath Pally)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Part of me wants to try it, part hates the job-like experience of MMOs. Having it turn into a daily commitment would kind of suck. Still, in case I decide to give it a go, what're the clan functions in this game? Does it have WoW-like raids? Would there be a raiding schedule or other activities to complete?

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well there's not cost to try it (other than time), so give it a whirl. It can turn into a job-like experience if you let it, but realizing that they designed the game to "never be finished" it's best to just settle in and play at your own pace. Right now, the guild doesn't have enough lvl 70 players to do a clan only raid, but that's what is planned. It's just a lot more fun playing with a regular group and without the trolls that you have in pubs. I suppose the guild will just figure out what works best in terms of scheduling raids.

I didn't play WoW, but I really like how Neverwinter has these regular events (small events weekly and big seasonal events). To me it's just fun to have the always changing world feel. They do have a VIP where you get a daily key to open a lockbox (for goodies), but you can buy that by earning Astral Diamonds in game and trading them for Zen using the in-game trader. Even that can be played like a stock market.

Anyway, give it a try.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well there's not cost to try it (other than time), so give it a whirl. It can turn into a job-like experience if you let it, but realizing that they designed the game to "never be finished" it's best to just settle in and play at your own pace. Right now, the guild doesn't have enough lvl 70 players to do a clan only raid, but that's what is planned. It's just a lot more fun playing with a regular group and without the trolls that you have in pubs. I suppose the guild will just figure out what works best in terms of scheduling raids.

I didn't play WoW, but I really like how Neverwinter has these regular events (small events weekly and big seasonal events). To me it's just fun to have the always changing world feel. They do have a VIP where you get a daily key to open a lockbox (for goodies), but you can buy that by earning Astral Diamonds in game and trading them for Zen using the in-game trader. Even that can be played like a stock market.

Anyway, give it a try.

Well, the problem I have with it is that we're expected to do dailies after 20. That means having to commit probably half an hour (between getting on and hitting up the quest hubs and such) to the game each day. That can be a bit of a chore, as I experienced in WoW (where dailies were so plentiful they could take a couple of hours, even). That, and playing an MMO fresh can really suck, and whenever a game is free-to-play like this, I worry about how badly it's going to gate content or get in the way to try to get my money.

The only way to answer those questions is to play, though, so I might do it. I just remember leveling in WoW by myself, and that was a very disappointing, cumbersome process.

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, the problem I have with it is that we're expected to do dailies after 20. That means having to commit probably half an hour (between getting on and hitting up the quest hubs and such) to the game each day. That can be a bit of a chore, as I experienced in WoW (where dailies were so plentiful they could take a couple of hours, even). That, and playing an MMO fresh can really suck, and whenever a game is free-to-play like this, I worry about how badly it's going to gate content or get in the way to try to get my money.

The only way to answer those questions is to play, though, so I might do it. I just remember leveling in WoW by myself, and that was a very disappointing, cumbersome process.

There is 3 kinds of dailies, 1 that benefits you for stats boost, 1 for astral diamonds (premium currency) and for guild stronghold. If you think dailies is a chore, you can ignore it and play on yr on pace. Joining a guild means having someone to help on some quest that can't be done solo, any extra stuff you don't need just donate them to guild.

Guild need resources for guild raid/siege battle (Dota alike but more players not 5 vs 5), each guild has a max capacity of 500 toons and 150 accounts.

If you ever play GuildWars2 this is kind of similar in a way.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
From what I've seen, guilds live and die by how many level 70s you build over time. When you reach the highest level (currently 70), you shift your focus to boons, gear and the raids that give you that gear. For those, it's very helpful to have guild mates to help you out. Until you reach 70, it's about leveling your char through quests and so I don't expect that someone currently leveling would be able to contribute nearly as much since they just don't have the stuff to give. They need the stuff to do the quests. That being said, we need to help people on the way up the ladder as much as possible.

For those starting a new character, here are my list of getting started tips.

Get a Mount - Get a mount as soon as you can. Nothing is worse in NW than running everywhere. The cheapest mount is 5 gold and should be your first purchase (other than injury kits). If you don't have the gold, ask a high level char in the guild to spring for the 5g. I don't mind doing it if I had the gold (which I usually do). You can also move gold between different chars.

Invoke to the Max - I've literally leveled a char to 54 just by invoking daily (it was a mule that I created early on). When you get to the max celestial coins, then buy the Artifact pack in the Vault of Piety. It's the one that has a chance at a coalescence ward.

Collect Astral Diamonds - AD is your friend and you drive your character with it. Do the dungeons and skirmishes each twice daily to optimize AD collection. Invoking gives you some as well. You can then purchase stuff in the trade house or convert it to Zen (for a mount or a month of VIP).

Consider VIP - Using the Zen you get from trading AD (in the Astral Diamond Exchange), you can buy a month of VIP (use a 15% coupon you get from invoking as well). With it you will get identify scrolls and a daily lockbox key. That key is going to give you good stuff for your character. If you get a higher VIP level (more months), then you can also get teleportation perks along with other stuff. Check it out.

Get 5 Companions - You get the active bonus of up to 5 companions even if they aren't summoned. The one that is summoned will give you some added bonuses. I would not spend money on them, but you'll have opportunities in special events to get some easily. You can level them up, but it's the active bonus that helps you out. Just don't fixate on them. If you are ranged, summon a melee companion. Melee? Get a healer.

Ask for Help - If you get stuck on one of the end quests in an area, ask for help. Use the in-game chat "Looking for group" to find other in the same area that need the same quest. If no one wants to help you, then use the Guild chat and should be able to find someone easily. Just don't be needy all of the time.

Anyway, I didn't intend this to be a comprehensive guide. I just wanted to pass on a few things that I wish I had learned early on. This list is different than the one I would make for 60+ chars, but we are bottom heavy at the moment. I think it's great that guild is growing and has so many members. We will be rocking along in no time.

Just don't miss double XP weekend!

Last edited:

littlebib

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am currently in some random guild but I'll be dumping that today and trying to join this one as soon as I can after that (I think you have to wait 24 hours). I'm not super active, but it's my choice of game these days when I don't feel like playing yet another shooter (which I do also enjoy). Looking forward to it! (Level 64 archer if anyone cares).

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So, out of curiosity, how does raiding go in this game? I was going to give the game a try, but thought I'd ask. Like, in WoW, you have to carry tanks, healers, and DPS. Is this the same, and is the guild in-need of certain roles to fill? I played a Hunter in WoW, and generally have played similar ranged classes in other RPGs, but I'd be willing to give something else a try.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm somewhat new to epic raids, but it sounds like WoW. You need to have DPS (damage class like great weapon fighter, control wizard, trickster rogue) and Healer (devoted cleric or paladin) / Protector (paladin). Of course as new mods come out for the game, the mix changes and some builds go out of style. Right now, the hunter ranger (have one at lvl 70) has been somewhat nerfed. Of course that's the challenge is to adjust your build to overcome that. Sounds similar though. mmominds.com has bunch of info on different builds that people think are great. Lots of discussion on it as well.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm somewhat new to epic raids, but it sounds like WoW. You need to have DPS (damage class like great weapon fighter, control wizard, trickster rogue) and Healer (devoted cleric or paladin) / Protector (paladin). Of course as new mods come out for the game, the mix changes and some builds go out of style. Right now, the hunter ranger (have one at lvl 70) has been somewhat nerfed. Of course that's the challenge is to adjust your build to overcome that. Sounds similar though. mmominds.com has bunch of info on different builds that people think are great. Lots of discussion on it as well.

"hunter ranger (have one at lvl 70) has been somewhat nerfed"

Story of my life in WoW. Hunters were almost always given the short end of the stick in PvP (to the point I never even bothered to seriously try that aspect of the game), and they were often the first to get nerfed after an expansion, and were rarely near the top of the damage charts.

How big are the raid groups in this game, and does the WC clan need any role(s) filled? It might affect which class I go with. Also, is anyone going to be starting up in the game this weekend? Having someone to level with would definitely make it less of a chore.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The raids (and epic skirmishes) are for 5 players. It's tough to know what things will look like when everyone reaches lvl 70. I have a paladin which can provide some defense, but it's nice to have a devoted cleric as a healer (or for haste which builds up action points faster). Of course, having multiple DPS chars is good as well. If you want to be ranged, consider a control wizard.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Played an epic temple of the spider that failed due to the lack of a healer (including haste). So it is a very important and under-appreciated one.

I found the early game to be pretty boring stuff, but you have a lot of game mechanics to learn as well. The story writing is pretty bad, but some parts are better than others. I found that it wasn't all that different of an experience from Elder Scrolls (which I still need to get back to at some point).

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think learning depends on background. Like, you said that there are a lot of mechanics, but coming from WoW, Neverwinter is sort of boring in its relative simplicity. They baby the hell out of you with a bunch of colorful hints for attacks and the like.

J A N Marquez

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello im new to the forum. Can i join my other character since the one i have currently in the guild is stuck in skull fortress map. My ign is Mutilator lvl 47 GF. The one im joining is DarkLord lvl 64 GF. Im active and will donate coffer and do DQ's. Ill do my best to help fellow guildmates. Gamertag boneman990. Ty all

IccyAsd

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello im new to the forum. Can i join my other character since the one i have currently in the guild is stuck in skull fortress map. My ign is Mutilator lvl 47 GF. The one im joining is DarkLord lvl 64 GF. Im active and will donate coffer and do DQ's. Ill do my best to help fellow guildmates. Gamertag boneman990. Ty all

Just added you, let me know if you didn't get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb