So... is there a way I can format an Xbox One external drive back to the Windows standard (and actually be able to use it on a PC) or have I just bricked a perfectly good 2TB hard drive by upgrading it?
    07-05-2016 04:05 AM
    you can easily return it to a PC HDD
    07-27-2016 01:30 AM
    lol bricked...

Why didn't you just try it?

Obviously if you do this, you will lose all the data on the drive.
    07-28-2016 12:08 PM
    you don't understand the concept of "bricked". bricked means ruined. you certainly haven't ruined the drive. all the data on an Xbox One is replaceable easily. if you have the physical disc, you insert it, install the game and download the updates. if it's a digital game, you download the game and updates. you get a PC drive and format it to work on the Xbox. If you want to use it on the PC, you change it back. if you want to bring it back to the Xbox again, you format again and reinstall everything. If you want to use it simultaneously on both the PC and Xbox, you designate what space on the drive is for the Xbox. it's not rocket science.
    07-29-2016 09:51 PM
    You can't format a drive back to PC once it's been connected to a One, the PC just simply does not recognise the hard drive when you connect it up, I have seen this with a half dozen drives.

So maybe instead of being an arse you actually do some research before spouting words off.
    04-07-2017 04:36 PM
    Did a quick bit of web research and found this

How]Re-format Xbox external hard drive to Fix Your Hard Drive After Using it for Xbox One

Give that a go, I have not done so can not vouch for it, but it suggests it is possible.
    Last edited by Biotic Blue; 04-13-2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Incorrect link reference
    04-13-2017 10:05 AM