Scalebound has been canceled

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Damn shame, interviewing JP Kellams and Hideki Kamiya at E3 2016 for Scalebound was my first ever face-to-face. I was terrified lol, real shame it ended like this.

Matt Brown

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Really sad to see this! Even though the game might have had less appeal than some of the company's bigger exclusives, it was still a pretty large component to their 2017 lineup. Wondering what this means for the future of Japanese games on Xbox One.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, games tend to get cancelled for a reason. One could be that the game wasnt really working out. Like the concept of the game was great, but as the kept developing they realized it wasnt going to be very good.

It could have also been an issue between Microsoft and the devs. If that was the case, it really sucks. Hate it when office politics prevent a great game from happening.

They also might be hesitant to release a new IP after Quantum Break. Never played the game but I heard it was really good. I believe it bombed. Sunset Overdrive was fun, but it bombed too. I bought it and had fun with it.

Doesnt seem like Xbox owners are in to original IPs for some reason. Might be that they dont get hyped up as much as they should?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
With slow performance on some of their exclusives and couple of cancellations, doesnt look good for MS on the exclusive front. Halo/gears/forza, not much else on this console. halo wars is a niche game, haven't heard much about crackdown, and even gigantic. Interested to see what they have for e3, but it doesnt look good. I feel this year will be about scorpio, but with very limited supported games from the start.

I feel there is more cancellations coming.

SEADRIVE

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
All companies, including Sony, have cancelled titles they once touted about. New AAA's require tons of cash, so if their development seems to go astray, companies now pull the plug. Apparently the game was too ambitious regarding what was promised and what was working, so they cancelled it. Also, I am sure that the cancellation was not something they wanted to do, but if you need a race horse and produce a donkey for the race, it simply won't work. Perhaps Microsoft should uncover more past exclusives from the original xbox...there were several of them!

cheers,
SEADRIVE

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Agree I was looking forward to this, other companies including Sony have cancelled games before.
The issue though is timing, Microsoft looks like they're in dire need of exclusives (I hope to be surprised this coming e3 and no I'm not looking at Halo 6)

It's more painful now that Sony has just released Horizon, sure MS has Halo Wars 2 but the franchise needs to surprise.

A lot of MS properties lately have been cancelled for some reason, Alan Wake 2, Fable Legends and Scalebound to name a few.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
XB1 already are struggling with exclusives. Removing a major game out of their lineup just makes it worse. The PS4 has like what 5 major exclusives + 2 console exclusives in the first 3 months of 2017. Removing one wouldn't be as big as removing one from the limited XB1 lineup.

Adding to that Sony didn't cancel any PS4 game they were making. MS already cancelled 4 now? Scalebound, Fable Legends, project Knoxville Phantom dust remake. Add to that MS ending Project Spark and Xbox fitness...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb