Anyone still using an old school XBox?

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Probably showing my age here. DEFINATELY if I say my first console was PONG! lol Anyways is anyone still using an old school XBox? I still break mind out from time to time. Got to get my Halo and Magic the Gathering fix in! lol Anyone else still playing, or using any older XBox?

Rich

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Haven't fired up my old school Xbox for several years but I did play some old school Xbox games on my Xbox 360 about a year or two ago.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Jade Empire

Two classic games that should be included in the Xbox One backwards compatible list.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Probably showing my age here. DEFINATELY if I say my first console was PONG! lol Anyways is anyone still using an old school XBox?

My first gaming console, i think, was the PlayStation 2. :D Loved it so much. Played almost everyday after school haha. After about 5 years i got a Xbox 360 and in my opinion, it was equally as good. Some of my friends were using one so i thought i would give it a try. I then upgraded to a Xbox One almost another 5 - 6 years later. :D Been a great few years of gaming.

Rico4you

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
My first gaming console, i think, was the PlayStation 2. :D Loved it so much. Played almost everyday after school haha. After about 5 years i got a Xbox 360 and in my opinion, it was equally as good. Some of my friends were using one so i thought i would give it a try. I then upgraded to a Xbox One almost another 5 - 6 years later. :D Been a great few years of gaming.

You guys seem experts! Can someone tell me today if they could latest XBOX why is it better than going with the PLAYSTATION latest? Have been out of the gaming loop and not sure what to do it? Thanks!

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I still have my OG Xbox... could do with a clean though!!

You guys seem experts! Can someone tell me today if they could latest XBOX why is it better than going with the PLAYSTATION latest? Have been out of the gaming loop and not sure what to do it? Thanks!

The reasons I stick with Xbox pertain to the quality of service of Xbox Live, Xbox backwards compatibility (Xbox 360 games work on Xbox One), Xbox Play Anywhere (can play some Xbox games on PC with only 1 purchase), and the amount of polish and updates Microsoft is constantly working to include in the dashboard and its other services. I think PlayStation has some excellent content, but it can't match Microsoft on the service side of things.

Rico4you

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Hello those are good points! Great to consider this backwards compatibility!

Will definitely go for the Xbox ONE s or wait for the Xbox Scorpio (christmas 2017?) which looks like will be very powerful!

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
My cousins had an Atari 2600. That was my first console experience. My first console I owned though, was an NES. I begged my parents for one for years before I finally got one. The first console I purchased for myself though was the original Xbox. I still have it. I was a poor college student when it was first released so I couldn't really afford one until I graduated and got a job. By that time, the translucent green Halo Limited Edition console bundle was out and that's what I have. I haven't touched it in years though. Seems strange that only 13 years ago it was top of the line and replaced by the Xbox 360 just one short year later. It's tucked away in a metal case in my closet with the handful of games that I had for it.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
I still have many xbox games that can be played on my two Xbox 360s. Problem is I just don't have time to play old games. There are so many current gen games. Just this year, I still have gravity rush 2, Nioh, and now there is Horizon and Zelda...

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
We didn't have an Atari 2600, we had the cheaper Sears version of it! It was like the generic version, same thing, same titles, just cheaper!

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site

Thats a tough question. Both have their pros and cons. :)

I think it comes down to what eco system you have bought into and personal preference. Both the PS4 and Xbox ONE are great to game on and i think you would be happy with either. WindowsCentral did a nice article on the 5 reasons why Xbox is better now than when it launched.

Xbox has Xbox Live, backwards compatibility with older console games and you have Xbox Play Anywhere. So there are a lot of reason to pick one up. Also Xbox was apparently to top selling console for the second half of 2016!

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Im with you on the old school train, my first gaming console was Pong as well. I just pulled my original Xbox down to hook up and play Greg Hastings Paintball, thought about the game a few weeks ago and decided it was time to dust it off. Going to have fun with the other games in the collection as well.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
It all depends what you're looking for.
At this stage, the PS4 has a lot more games and has a LOT more exclusives. Since 2013, the XB1 has only 4 AAA exclusives and 2 of them are versions of the same forza games.
The PS4 already had 5 exclusive this year alone and has loads more coming up. On the other side XB1 doesn't have much.

On the other hand, MS seem to be focussing more on old games. There is the possibility to play around 25% of old xbox 360 (mostly arcade) games. They recently announced a new service where you can rent old games for $120/y.

Zybch

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Not sure where people get this odd idea that xbox has far far fewer games than PS4.
The difference is less than 300 titles (out of around 1400) and that actually swings around to Xbox's favor if you include the many backwards compatibility titles.
What about AAA PS4 games? Between Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn there have been exactly 0 AAA games from sony that have been worth playing. I'm sorry, but 1 per year is utterly pathetic.
Yes, they have absolutely had more 'exclusive' titles than XB, but none of them have had any sort of traction you'd expect from a AAA title. Hell, The Last Guardian, their only big exclusive between UC4 and HZD was outsold by Dead Rising 4 despite DR4 being available on less than half the number of systems that Guardian was.

Guest_aotf

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
"The difference is less than 300 titles"
Do you have a link or are you making this up?

"What about AAA PS4 games? Between Uncharted 4 and Horizon Zero Dawn there have been exactly 0 AAA games from sony that have been worth playing."
That is totally subjective. It is just your opinion really. So it doesn't really matter. That's as if I'm saying XB1 has 0 AAA exclusives worth playing.

"Hell, The Last Guardian, their only big exclusive between UC4 and HZD was outsold by Dead Rising 4 despite DR4 being available on less than half the number of systems that Guardian was."
Oh so these are world wide numbers? Can you provide the link to this?

Either way, since when does sales number an indication of quality? If that's the case and according to that logic the PS4 is a way better system since it's selling better...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb