Share your ULTIMATE Xbox Setup!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
What is your ULTIMATE Xbox setup? Which console would you buy? Accessories? Furniture? Speakers? Basically ANYTHING you'd buy if $ wasn't a concern of yours. Would you build out a separate room to house the gaming goodness? What type of TV would you run???

Go wild - curious to read your ideas. Be creative!! :)

richie_crazy

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Here's my current setup:

Waiting for November to get my Xbox One X (and maybe the new 8TB Seagate HDD) :winktongue:

And if money wasn't an issue, yeah, I'd build a dedicated game room, and I'd upgrade my TV for a larger SUHD and 3D-enabled one and my Home Theater for a Dolby Atmos-enabled one.

Last edited:

jordbrett

Jun 10, 2017
Visit site
I just want the oled lg e6 and a new atmos surround sound setup. Obviously a One X to go with it. Living in an apt means I have to skimp on sound but one day I'll leave the city and get that man cave.

Coperyte

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
What is your ULTIMATE Xbox setup? Which console would you buy? Accessories? Furniture? Speakers? Basically ANYTHING you'd buy if $ wasn't a concern of yours. Would you build out a separate room to house the gaming goodness? What type of TV would you run???

If money was no concern, I'd have a dedicated basement with lounge/theater chairs, 4K projector, X1X and a closet with all components hidden.

Since money is a concern, I'm currently settling for what I can afford which is a living room with projector (upgrading to 4K projector within a month), a couch and a low profile, small component rack with XB1 (centerpiece of my gaming life), PS4 and Nintendo Switch. X1X will be a day 1 buy for me.

Akira X

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Current Theater Setup:

Dedicated light controlled theater room.
Epson 5030UB 1080p projector.
110" Screen.
Onkyo TXNR757 Dolby Atmos/4k/DTS
Klipsch 7.1 speaker setup

Turtle Beach 800X (for silent gaming)

Xbox One with Kinect
6TB total capacity(because 1TB, 2TB, 3TB is not enough)
300 Games

Waiting for Epson native 4k projector. The 5040ub does pixel shift 4k. Also, other native 4k players due out this year.
Still waiting on OneX preorder to go live..

Current Home Office Setup:

Panasonic 42" plasma
Xbox Day One with 2TB capacity

Zeroing in on a LG OLED55C7P to replace the plasma.
Waiting on OneX preorder to go live.

Daniel Rahimi

May 21, 2014
Visit site

Xbox One X+Elite Controller+LG Signature G7+Kinect+A short library for physical games to put TV and XB and Kinect on it.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My dream Xbox setup will have what Microsoft will never, ever do again: a decent dashboard with FULL support for voice, GESTURE, keyboard and mouse. So, it will remain a dream. What they have now is disgusting.

ChavasRegal

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It's not a dream setup by any stretch of the imagination but it's what i can afford.
Currently planning to upgrade to:

Samsung 55" 4K HDR 7000 series TV.
Xbox One X, with Kinect and elite controller from my OG One.
Taking the speakers from my 5.1 Samsung home theater system and adding in a Yamaha RX-V581 Atmos receiver with a pair out Onkyo Atmos upfiring speakers to give me 5.1.2 system, should give me a reasonable Atmos system until i can afford to upgrade the speakers.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
OLED65W7P, Xbox One X, 7.1.2 system and a nice power reclining sectional. Like someone else planned I've purchased a house and will spend the next few years building up my man cave. It'll be empty for a while though 😑.

Dillan K

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
My dream Xbox setup doesn't come with any special home theater components that I don't already have, it comes with undisturbed free time. That's what I need in order to enjoy the experience more than anything.

LightCycle

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
So excited to see Halo 5 in 4k on the Xbox One X. I'm going to upgrade to a 4k TV now. Preferably something 60 in. or larger. I'm happy with the Onkyo receiver I currently have and the 5.1 speakers, but my dream setup would include some upgrades there as well with support for Dolby Atmos.

SteadyMercury

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I'm just rocking an LG OLED B6 with an Xbox One S and Astro A40's. The One X is pre-ordered of course ;)

My wife has the good setup because she streams. She has an Xbox One S, Sony Bravia 4K HDR TV, Elgato HD60 capture card hooked up to a PC with an i7 6700. Also has a pair of Astro A40s and a nice mic for streaming.

tigerinexile

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What I actually have is:

- 2015 Sony XBR55X850C 4K TV, with HDR firmware update
- Sony HT-NT3 soundbar and subwoofer
- "Project Scorpio" edition Xbox One X
- Elite Controller, Recon Tech controller, Patrol Tech controller, Project Scorpio controller
- Kinect and adapter
- 2TB external game drive

What would I swap in for an "ultimate" setup?

1. 75-inch current-model Sony OLED.
2. Speaker system that does that special Dolby Atmos spatial sound stuff.
3. 8TB game hub.
4. Surgery on the Xbox One X to replace the 1TB internal HDD with a 2TB SSD.

I'm not all that far off, tbh. Spending money like that would be silly, so I'm maxed out unless I have infinite money dropped on me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo