iTunes Match and Google Match-like Functionality

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I was reading some about XBOX music getting iTunes match-like functionality. That is to say, it will scan your tracks and allow you to stream them without keeping anything stored locally. The last article I read said this was coming "eventually". Does anyone know an ETA for this? Price? I am eager to get my tracks synced up. I had been using Match and GMusic on my other devices. While there is a GMusic app on the store, there is a lot left to be desired. As far as I am concerned it is unusable in its current state. I'd be happy to pay around what Apple charges yearly for the functionality, especially since features baked into the OS generally outperform apps.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You can buy the Xbox Music Pass, which is $10/month or $100/year. That allows syncing and streaming of tracks between your Xbox 360 Windows 8, Windows RT (such as the Surface RT), and Windows Phone 8 devices. It also has Spotify-like streaming (meaning tracks you don't already own), and the Xbox Music Pass includes unlimited ad-free streaming with it.

You can also try it for 30 days: Xbox Music Pass - Xbox.com

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So we aren't getting anything where I can only stream my purchased songs? Not going to drop $100 a year on Spotify. I have no interest on renting music. That's more expensive than Netflix by the way. Ridiculous.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
They said that it will come in early 2013. It appears that it will be bundled with the Xbox Music Pass subscription that is already priced at 9.99, and not priced separately. Which is good if you are already a subscriber, but bad if you wanted just that feature but not the rest of the subscription features, which it sounds like the OP didn't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs