12-06-2012, 09:37 AM #1
- 7 Posts
I have a Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 PC, Windows 8 RT Surface (along with some others, but I'll leave it to these devices as they are more relevant) that all use the same Microsoft account, and I subscribe to Xbox Music Pass.
Either I am doing something wrong, or I misunderstand how the sync between devices work. I have 2 issues, these are as follows:
1 - Using my Windows 8 PC I used the music match to add an album that I have on my machine to my Xbox Music account. This could not be streamed as it is for purchase only. So I can now stream my album from my PC using Xbox music. Now from my understanding, this adds it to the cloud where you can now stream it from any device you use Xbox Music from. But I cannot see or access this album on my Windows Phone 8 or Surface.
2 - I have read that I should be able to download an album on my Windows Phone 8 to listen to, and then when I get home, this should be part of my collection and will show on my Windows 8 PC. However, anything I add to my phone does not seem to appear on my PC and vice versa.
Can anyone enlighten me to the above?
12-10-2012, 01:20 PM #2
- 74 Posts
1. I have the same issue. An album I purchased off of Amazon (and used to be available for streaming on Zune, but not anymore) and is listed as purchase only on Xbox Music does not allow songs to be synced. I manage my music on my SurfaceRT, added a few songs from the album to an already existing playlist. The songs do not show up in my playlist on my Lumia 920 even tho the album is stored on my 920 as well. (And the only reason this album is on my SurfaceRT is because it was synced from my 920 lol)
2. I dont know if this is a bug, or as intended, but i experience the same. From messing around it seems that WP8 is (as of right now) simply an xbox music client, while Win8 and WinRT devices are able to act as a client and manager of content.
- By jonasekblom in forum Mac OS XReplies: 4Last Post: 04-20-2013, 10:36 PM
- By ZoSo925 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 11-23-2012, 01:32 PM
- By vp710 in forum Developers CornerReplies: 3Last Post: 11-12-2012, 08:42 AM
- By agerber24 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 12-01-2011, 11:22 AM
- By Spyral in forum ZuneReplies: 6Last Post: 12-27-2010, 08:01 PM