We are unable to confirm the media usage rights for this content

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just did a chat with support and they recommending doing a "sync" with my microsoft account through settings and email and accounts (long press the microsoft account) and then powering off the phone for two minutes. I am on a plane and I will try when I land and post the results.

I sent this link to the rep and he claimed it is a different issue that I am having with the DRM license

anon(5348413)

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same issue. Did the trial, DLed some music and then subscribed after the trial. I got this error on all the music I had downloaded. All I had to do was download a new song/album with the now subscribed music pass and the errors went away.

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Let us know if anyone hears any other tips - I'm still getting this error after trying a few of the things suggested. :(

Not very impressed, especially since we still have no WP8 Spotify app!

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just did a chat with support and they recommending doing a "sync" with my microsoft account through settings and email and accounts (long press the microsoft account) and then powering off the phone for two minutes. I am on a plane and I will try when I land and post the results.

I sent this link to the rep and he claimed it is a different issue that I am having with the DRM license

I did this and my music is now working offline and when connected. I am currently listening to music offline with no issue. Just to be safe I started playing my downloaded music while I was connected and then switched the phone to airplane mode with a song playing. Hope this helps.

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I just started getting this error today. I can still stream music like normal, and download whatever tracks I want. So my Xbox Music Pass still seems to work in that aspect. But if I try to play any song I've downloaded, even if I just listened to it while it was streaming, I get this error. It's like just their DRM servers are down.

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I got a hold of an MS tech. He said, "it's known issue that we are investigating but have no time frame on a solution." His suggestions were disabling and re-enabling wifi (that I'm not connected to b/c I'm at work). And then a factory reset. Which I'm less than eager to try. So there u have it. I told him to turn off the auto-renew on my subscription. No point in paying for a service that doesn't work and they have no time frame on fixing. Too bad there's no spotify option. I'm really stuck now.

Last edited:

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Have you updated to portico? I havent heard directly but maybe a patch was included in that. I was having the issue and it went away with the fix I noted above in this thread. Seems like people are also having success with forcing a sync with their microsoft account as well.

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Portico? I installed the big OS update for the 920 that was released yesterday. It didn't fix the problem. I went into Accounts and sync'd my Microsoft account. Didn't fix it.

Update: I did some reading, Portico is the update I installed yesterday.

Last edited:

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
How long ago did it stop working?

My sense is that its happening to people who signed up for the trial, but then went ahead and signed up/paid for the subscription before the trial was over. At the end of the trial theres some mix up in the processing of the account/payment. Seems to take a few days for most and then it starts working again.

I just hope it doesnt happen at the end of each month/billing cycle.

snwy2004

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
How long ago did it stop working?

My sense is that its happening to people who signed up for the trial, but then went ahead and signed up/paid for the subscription before the trial was over. At the end of the trial theres some mix up in the processing of the account/payment. Seems to take a few days for most and then it starts working again.

I just hope it doesnt happen at the end of each month/billing cycle.
You might be right. I'm having this issue even though xbox.com has me as an active subscriber. That said, I checked my credit card details and MS has yet to bill me. The issue might be because there's a delay between the end of the trial and the initial billing.

wsrobert

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I saw the same thing. No charge on my card even though billing info and subscription info was correct. Sit tight for a few days and it will probably correct itself.

thetroublewith

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I think you could be right! My trial ran out last Friday, so it's taken nearly a week for it to correct itself - not great, but glad it seems to be sorted!

TheCalders

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
My trial subscription just ended tonight, and I had signed up for a year and the $100 charge went through. Then 4 hours after that the music service stopped working reporting the DRM license issue. Microsoft this is a terrible experience and you should be able to have figured this out and fixed it by now.

snwy2004

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Just chatted with Windows Phone Support. They spotted the billing issue but it didn't correct my situation. They're pretty certain a factory reset will do the trick. Which sucks. But I'll try it and see what happens.

Allan Kaliel

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine just started magically working this morning. So ya, I took a look, and I signed up on Nov 19th. So it was exactly after a month of signing up when my problems started. And now it's all good. Better not have this issue on Jan 19th.

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft are making another monumental mess of Xbox Music. I have now got this issue and its incredibly frustrating.

Its as if they didn't bother to do any testing, just rolled it out without a care in the world.

I would encourage anyone tempted by Xbox music to wait, don't sign up for the trial and do not under any circumstances pay for a music pass, it simply doesn't work.

austinlewis

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am having this issue. I signed up for the free trial on Nov 22 and seems like right around Dec 22 I started having this issue. Seems like some people are saying it will sort itself out within a week? I hope so. This is complete bullsh*t. XBox music is the driving factor leading me to purchase a windows phone 8 (I have the lumia 920). I called the xbox support and they were beyond useless. The girl I was talking with was bing'ing the problem. WTF??? I can use the internet myself. I tried all the methods suggested in the thread and nothing is working. Very upset and frustrated. Also, I'm passed the 30-day return period, so I'm pretty sure I'll be sh*t outta luck if I try and return it...

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Give it a couple days. I think it is a billing issue going from trial to paid subscription. At least that was what happened to mine. One day wouldn't work and next day no problem at all. Only problem thus month was email saying my Xbox sub is about to expire. It's auto renew. But I haven't had any issues with playing music. Just wait until trial ends and see what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb