Playing different Genres

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice.

I was wondering if it was possible to play your songs by genre similar to what you can do on Zune at the moment? I thought that this might not be a feature of Xbox Music, so decided to try and create a playlist with all of my songs from one genre in it... however that's capped to 1000 which I think is pretty silly.

Slightly OT to the main point of this thread:
Like other's I'm having major problems trying to work out how to Sync my devices (between my Win 8 PC (which contains all of my music) and my surface (where I would like all my music automatically transferred too for offline listening). Is there anyway of doing this easily? Even through some sort of file transfer app?

I also spent some time adding all the album art work/artists genres etc too my collection some time ago on Zune... now switched to Xbox Music and it's a complete mess! lol :(.

robert brand

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, just want to confirm, you are talking about the WinRT Xbox Music app on Windows 8 rather than on the phone?

Sounds like you're not so I'm going to say this:- When you are in Xbox Music there is a way to order things by Genre - its the arrow where you arrange things by. Problem is, the Genre is now what the Store classifies it as, for instance I have drum and bass, techno, house (thats all just "DANCE") yep, its pretty useless. Actually Xbox music is a total mess, its good for the casual (and I mean casual) music fan but for anything else its barely fit for purpose. Performance, features, stability, all bad. Try Music Info for Windows 8 brings your collection to life | Windows Phone Central

Was this what you were looking for? RB

tgallipeau

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

However you can really only use this app for music that you already own, Music Info from my experience will not work with Xbox Music as it is alll DRM Protected. It would be nice to use Music Info, but since the syncing solution is a mess, I've moved exclusively to Xbox Music for my music (for the time being) I'm finding that all of this seems a bit crappy. I really want to like my Nokia 920 and Windows 8 computer but Xbox Music has just been a complete and total mess.

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, that was a bit clear as mud lol.

Thanks for that! I was meaning the Xbox Music app on my Windows Surface RT. I'll have a look at that app cheers :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion