Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    3,002 Global Posts
    I hate this program so badly I am practically wishing Microsoft fails with Windows 8, but I digress. Can anyone suggest an alternative metro style music player? Xbox music always crashes when playing songs in a playlist, even ones in a smartdj playlist which are streamed so its completely useless to me. Windows media player closes when my tablet goes to sleep so looking for a metro one that will play in the background. Thanks.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    I'd suggest downloading the app called Great Windows Apps and then browse inside it to find a better music app. I like Multimedia Mate8
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    I haven't experienced any crashes but I do agree that this app definitely needs an update.

This is crap compared to Zune. And on the surface its so faking slow I feel like throwing my tablet out the ****ing window.

All windows 8 apps are garbage so far, its not just xbox music.

I would not say all Windows 8 app as are garbage so far... Xbox Music on the other hand I totally agree with.

This is my knife. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by I Spiritus I View Post
    I would not say all Windows 8 app as are garbage so far... Xbox Music on the other hand I totally agree with.
    Which ones would you recommend? I have tried a few and they all seem very restricted by the visual style limitations no doubt set by Microsoft.

I have been enjoying using Windows 8 on my PC and my Surface. I like the MS news program, USA Today, Hulu Plus, Netflix, Kindle, Cook Book, NextGen Reader, Bank of America, Cocktail Flow, and some of the games. I like that I can pin things within an app to the start screen, like a certain NBC News or Fox News show.

Many of the MS apps are very disappointing. I think the people hub is terrible. It should be so much better than the people hub in WP8. Mail and Calendar are just OK. Pictures is HORRIBLE. Maybe they thought if they made killer apps for basic functions, then the developers would be unmotivated to contribute, but these offerings are embarrassing.

Global Posts
    3,002 Global Posts
    I've tried a few others like Multimedia Mate8, Music Info and for these two at least they lack the ability to read Zune or WMP playlists, so I cant use them. Actually emailed the dev of Multimedia Mate8 and got no reply so that one is definitely not an option. A lot of the other media apps are even less functional and at the moment its impossible to find an alternative thats as good as Zune or WMP. Really disappointing.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    I never stopped using Zune.

Use Winamp and be done.
    Blackjack 2 - Epix - Focus - Lumia 900
    I agree. It is clunky and slow. Zune was such a better program. I am hoping that Microsoft update these issues soon.

Head over and Vote for them to fix it, and/or Zune to replace xbox music
    Master List Of Issues With XBox Music On WP8 - Microsoft Community