Problem synching purchased Xbox Music content from phone to PC

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If you have windows 7 and windows phone 8 and like to purchase individual songs, good luck because There is no such thing as Xbox player for desktop.

This is the third time happened to me, and it's so frustrating. Recently I bought a music, but the file is hidden when I try to transfer to my computer and from my phone, album is missing but I have the song.....

Again I buy the song, ghosts n' stuff, registered in different artist (wtf!!!!!), so I had to buy it again from different store, Zune.

I don't remember the third time I had an issue but if this is the kind of quality Microsoft is bringing to the consumers, then at least bring back Zune team to your new Xbox team.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
(First, could we please get the spelling corrected on the title to this string? "store" People search for topics of interest or solutions to problems, using correct spelling. Well, we should, if we know the correct spelling, anyway. Search works better then.)

I purchased music from the XBox Store using my Verizon Lumia 822 Windows Phone though XBox Music. It plays fine on my Windows Phone, but on my Zune PC software the song does not show up. On the Zune software on my Laptop PC, under Settings > Account > Purchase History the song is listed with the error message "You've reached the maximum number of downloads for this item. ERROR C00D135C". At the right side of the line it has a "BUY" button. I don't want to buy again. I tried three different songs. Same result each time. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

BfnC

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried any purchases yet since I have a subscription so haven't seen this issue

however, have you tried contacting Microsoft? I would imagine they'd be able to help directly

ryuh3d

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you buying the song on the phone or downloading the song?

If you are buying the song on your phone 99% of them download as mp3 files. Just plug your phone up to your PC, open explorer, navigate to your phone, open the music folder and drag and drop the music off of your phone.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I assume it would work if you were using Windows 8 and the Xbox Music app. Zune as a service never really had support for re-downloads and cloud collection and stuff like we have in Xbox Music. I'd suggest you upgrade if you intend to use Microsoft services.

That said, if you just want to pull the mp3 off, you can just grab it from the file system or email it to yourself from the phone through the share option.

Bryan_J

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I assume it would work if you were using Windows 8 and the Xbox Music app. Zune as a service never really had support for re-downloads and cloud collection and stuff like we have in Xbox Music. I'd suggest you upgrade if you intend to use Microsoft services.

That said, if you just want to pull the mp3 off, you can just grab it from the file system or email it to yourself from the phone through the share option.

I re-downloaded lots of stuff from Zune over the years, maybe I'm misunderstanding his issue though. That said, honestly at this point, I wouldn't suggest to my worst enemy that he/she "upgrade" to Xbox Music. The service is fine but the apps/music management they have to go with them are godawful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786