Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I'm not seeing a topic on here that discusses this. One discusses M4A files, which I have no problem with. But I have a number of M4P files I bought on iTunes back before WP7. I'd like to use some of them outside of an Apple device (which I have none any more and don't plan to use again), but WP8, etc, won't recognize the M4P files.

I see plenty of converters to buy, but there really isn't a free one to use anywhere? I suppose I can spend $30 bucks on a program, but that's annoying to have to do that for songs I've paid for and would like to continue to listen to.

I know of the option of burning, then ripping a cd, but I don't feel like doing that for the 200+ songs I have.

Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    Hey I may have found a solution for your problem

UPDATED:

If you want to pay

I use CopyTrans TuneSwift the link to download the software is

http://www.copytrans.net/copytranstuneswift.php

This will allow you to transfer your music to your computer, external hard drive etc.

But you might be better to post a thread on imore they would properly know a lot more about transferring music from itunes to pc and might give better alternative to what I gave.
    Last edited by BIGPADDY; 01-06-2013 at 07:12 AM.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!