Windows Phone -> Xbox Music sync

Steve_Dhalai

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

So, I have a Surface and when I first got it, I proceeded to add all my music to my Xbox Music "Collection" which took a long time.

When I got my Lumia 820 (and later setup windows 8 on my HTPC) all my music was there readily available which was great. I went through all my songs and downloaded the ones I wanted offline on my phone (a little tedious).

So far So good!

Now, I normally download new music on the go through the Windows Phone Marketplace. I've downloaded quite a few new songs and albums onto my phone since I got it and wanted to update my Xbox Music collection with them. I assumed they would be added automatically (as a purchase would register) but they're not.

With the old Zune system you had to sync up your Windows phone and this would then transfer back any new music to the PC. I tried this but it didn't work either... Even if it didn't go onto the cloud collection and just onto my surface that would be fine.

Am I doing something wrong or has this feature not been implemented yet?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've stumbled upon this exact problem today.

I purchased albums using WP. Then I had to hard reset the handset. Now when I set up my phone, I don't see half those albums I purchased. I went to look on W8 PC to see if my Xbox had those and yes, it has all of those songs and albums I purchased, synced. But that won't sync back to my phone :/

ggonzalez777

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this the same issue, but I recently got a surface and had my Xbox music sync to the tablet. I also purchase music on my NL 920, the majority actually since I always have it on me. Now when I go back to my surface, I don't see the new music I downloaded. But if I download any music on the surface, I see it in my cloud collection on my phone. It seems like it's only a one-way sync. I don't see an option to manage the music associated with my Xbox music close collection. I wish there was a way. Any thoughts forum?

stevearsenault

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this the same issue, but I recently got a surface and had my Xbox music sync to the tablet. I also purchase music on my NL 920, the majority actually since I always have it on me. Now when I go back to my surface, I don't see the new music I downloaded. But if I download any music on the surface, I see it in my cloud collection on my phone. It seems like it's only a one-way sync. I don't see an option to manage the music associated with my Xbox music close collection. I wish there was a way. Any thoughts forum?

Music purchased on my phone shows up for me. However, the purchase of the music should be recognized regardless, so you should be able to download the music on your Surface without being charged again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo