What happened to the Live Tile?

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got a L920 and, while I'm not seeing much difference between Xbox Music and Zune (I won't waste my data plan on streaming music, I won't pay a monthly subscription for my music, I put my MP3 files on my phone) I'm wondering why there's no live tile anymore?

With my WP7 phone, the last artist played would be displayed on the live tile, provided there was album information. It wasn't much, I know, but I thought it was a great color splash for the start screen, and great changing content. Now all I get when not playing music is some horrid green two-dimensional tile that swaps from the xbox logo to a reverse-shadow set of headphones.

Is there any way to get my live tile back?? If Microsoft took this away, in my opinion, they dropped the ball.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have no clue why they removed the live tile. Hopefully it returns soon. It's a much needed "pop" to an already exciting start screen.

Strangely enough, the words Music + Videos scroll horizontally and vertically when using high contrast mode.

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why Microsoft removed the live tile from Xbox Music. In my opinion, the live tile for Zune was a subtle but really nice touch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention