Albums are split in xbox music

MatthewGavin

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
When i updated my music from iTunes to my Lumia 920, a bunch of my albums are split into two different albums.

For example: songs 1-6, 9, and 10 are in one album and songs 7, 8, 11-13 are in one album. Is there a way to fix this issue?

hazarizal

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Matthew, I experienced this as well and found out that the album is split because some of the songs in the same album is sung by more than one singers.

What I did was re-edit the entire album, i.e. Edit Multiple Items and have to at least tick two groups with same entry, e.g. Album Name and Artist.

This is definitely one of the weaknesses in existing Music & Video hub in Windows Phone 8 that Microsoft needs to fix in the next update.

I hope this helps.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Turn off connect to XBox live services before you sync, that way it won't write it's own meta data, when it does write it's own metadata you'll have different albums or song listings.

If you're adding new songs to that same album the album will split into older synced and newer synced even if all the album, artist, album artist are all the same. What you would need to do in this instance is delete it off your device from the CURRENT program you are syncing it with and resync with the new song and that will fix it.

MatthewGavin

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I will see if these will fix the issue. I have found the issue in Nokia Music too.

I am not sure if I understand "re-edit the entire album". Does that happen on my phone or on my computer?

I will take the songs off my phone and then re sync the phone to iTunes.

HatWobble

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
2nding turning off Xbox Music. It drove me crazy trying to figure out what was changing my ID3 tags post-syncing. The downside is that you don't get the artist photos displayed in the background during playback, but whateva.

As the first poster said as well, make sure you Artist AND Album Artist tags are all the same. Music+video splits the artist list by Artist while Nokia Music splits it by Album Artist, so I'd recommend keeping everything uniform for your sanity.

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
2nding turning off Xbox Music. It drove me crazy trying to figure out what was changing my ID3 tags post-syncing. The downside is that you don't get the artist photos displayed in the background during playback, but whateva.

As the first poster said as well, make sure you Artist AND Album Artist tags are all the same. Music+video splits the artist list by Artist while Nokia Music splits it by Album Artist, so I'd recommend keeping everything uniform for your sanity.

to fix the album art just grab the mpatool app it will do that for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3