Xbox Music - song play #s

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I use Last.FM to track my plays now. I have ScrobbleMe on my Windows Phone and ZuseMe on my desktop (I use the Zune desktop software to listen to music at home, and ZuseMe reports stuff from the Zune software to Last.FM).

The forums and the play counts are things I really want back for Xbox Music.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I use Last.FM to track my plays now. I have ScrobbleMe on my Windows Phone and ZuseMe on my desktop (I use the Zune desktop software to listen to music at home, and ZuseMe reports stuff from the Zune software to Last.FM).

The forums and the play counts are things I really want back for Xbox Music.

Can you make a post on how you do this? Not having my playcounts is one of the few thing keeping me from switching over completely to my windows phone 8.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you make a post on how you do this? Not having my playcounts is one of the few thing keeping me from switching over completely to my windows phone 8.

How to do which thing, track from the phone or track from the Zune software on the PC? OR are you wanting to do both? Regardless:

--To get it from the phone, just download ScrobbleMe (ScrobbleMe | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)). You can sign in to your Last.FM account in the app, and it records your play history from the Xbox Music app (only local music, not streamed music; don't recall why, something about an OS restriction). Once you install the app, anytime you launch it, it should refresh how many songs (and which ones) you have played since you last scrobbled from the phone. There's a button to refresh (though it auto-refreshes when launched), and there's a button to scrobble.
--To get it from the Zune software, you need the Last.FM Scrobbler (and you must login to it) on your desktop and a program called ZuseMe, which is made by the same guy who made ScrobbleMe. What I did is pinned ZuseMe to my PC's taskbar. Whenever I launch it, it auto-launches Zune and the Last.FM Scrobbler. When you play music, ZuseMe communicates the songs from the Zune software to the Last.FM Scrobbler program, which reports to your Last.FM profile.

Now, of course, you need to have a Last.FM profile for all of this. Make one if you haven't already, and PM me (I don't poke around in the Apps thread as much as the Games thread, so I'll see a PM faster) if you have any issues.
--

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss