Update Fix Syncing?

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did the recent update to Xbox music fix any syncing issues? As far as I can see nothing changed but the UI.

Items downloaded on WP8 still don't sync back to W8.

Anyone else got it working yet?

Sari_M

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
For me, after the update items downloaded on the Windows 8 phone now not only sync to the PC, but can also be played on the PC. This didn't happen before. But unfortunately the worst problem, that is music downloaded from Xbox Music on the PC not syncing to the phone, is not fixed. Still getting the "the user rights cannot be confirmed" message when trying the play music synced from the PC on the phone. :angry: .

Last edited:

Sari_M

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it works from WP8 to W8. Before the update I could sync from WP8 to W8 but the songs were showing only in Windows Explorer, not in the Music desktop app. But I could sync music I had downloaded directly to the phone to the PC, remove it from the phone (Lumia 920), edit metadata (I use Easy CD Extractor for that) and sync the song / album back to the phone and play it there. I could not play these songs on the PC though. After the update those songs & albums were immidiatedly added to the W8 music app and I could play them also on the PC.

Does syncing from W8 to WP8 work for you? For me it doesn't.

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, are you referring to manually syncing through USB. I'm more concerned with automatic syncing of XBOX MP content downloaded on WP8 being automatically added to W8 from the cloud. Does this work for you?

I haven't even bothered manually syncing as much of my iTunes stuff wouldn't work.

Sari_M

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am in fact referring to syncing through the USB cable. I usually have cloud and "connect to Xbox Music" settings off, because I like to have my metadata (esp. genres) in order. I tested putting the cloud sync on both on the phone and on the PC, but no, it doesn't work for me either when adding new music (previously downloaded music works). Not from the phone to the PC or other way out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon