Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chill510
  • 1 Post By berty6294

Confused about Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8, since it seems ill be upgrading to one soon... do u have to pay to stream for the music store on windows phone 8 or is it like on windows 8 computer free to stream just with ads? On My windows 8 pc I can stream and add songs to my playlist from the store is that how it works on windows phone 8 or do u have to pay to stream on the phone?

and one more question the playlists that I make from streaming through the xbox music store do they transfer over to the windows phone 8?

You do have to pay to stream on windows phone. Its $10 a month and it gives you up to 4 devices to use for same subscription.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Or $99 a year
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

If you already have a ton of music of your own then Xbox music really a horrible service. It disorganized and doesn't know what to do with Xbox music files and your own files. But they did just recently release update that is much better at matching your library to Xbox music library.

On the other hand if you only use Xbox music as your main music library source (like myself) them I highly recommend it. For that purpose I think it works great. As long as your remember that your PC is your main Xbox music hub. Whatever changes you make there (playlist, new songs, etc) will sync through the cloud with your phone.....but not the other way around.
    Thanked by: