Where to buy Xbox Music Pass for Windows Phone 8?

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks, just signed up to ask this question:

I'm currently trialling the 30 day pass for Xbox Music, which is fantastic by the way.

The trial period is coming to a close though, and I'll have to pony up for a year's sub. It's 99.90 (euro) directly from the phone/website but I've heard whispers you can get them considerably cheaper elsewhere but I can't seem to find anywhere else.

Anyone know? Could I buy an American code and redeem it on my account without region-lock issues and all that jazz?

Thanks guys. Love the app BTW! WP8 is goddamn awesome.:cool:

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Music Pass - Xbox.com

It is a XBox feature. As far as cost, have not seen any deals on the monthly cost other than getting a break for paying for the entire year. If that even still exists with the new music pass. I still have the grandfathered plan with 10 free songs a month, so am not 100% sure on the new plan tiers.

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Basically its 9.99 a month or 99.90 for the entire year.

Cant remember where I read it but I saw somebody claim they got a years sub from eBay for 60 or 70 dollars. Just don't want to drop close to 100 quid if I can get it for a lot cheaper.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
It was probably a personal sale on ebay, they were giving out 1 year passes when purchasing a surface. I got one and am using it right now. Would be interested in finding deals on the music pass like xbox live, but haven't seen one or even seen a place to purchase passes.

Ratros

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I assume that some local stores get XBOX Music Prepaid Card for a relatively low price. I heard from a Chinese friend of mine that he once bought a 3-month XBOX Prepaid Card for 60 yuan (~9.7 dollars).

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, if you have a Nokia device I would recommend Nokia Music over Xbox Music at this time. Xbox Music has a lot of flaws currently. Nokia Music only costs 3.99 per month and should suffice until MSFT gets Xbox Music fixed. It may only be a streaming service however so I would check first.

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
To be honest, if you have a Nokia device I would recommend Nokia Music over Xbox Music at this time. Xbox Music has a lot of flaws currently. Nokia Music only costs 3.99 per month and should suffice until MSFT gets Xbox Music fixed. It may only be a streaming service however so I would check first.
No, got a HTC 8X, and as far as I know Nokia Music is streaming only, which is a dealbreaker anyway. I can't be reliant on ropey 3G networks when I'm out and about.

I got a year for 99.90:unhappy: around two weeks ago anyway, so the thread can be closed. Thanks for the replies guys.

TheCu

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I am selling 2 redeem codes for the old and new plan of xbox music pass. old 100? vs new 80?

You can contact me under thearseminator hotmail com for more details.

All the best!

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I have an Xbox music pass, I use Xbox music across multiple devices and have no problems, in fact I am very happy with Xbox music, so stating it has problems is a bit of a misnomer, yes some people have problems, they mainly seem to be based on the way they set up the system, for example clicking the "Automatically add matched songs on this PC to your cloud collection".

I couldn't find any discounted ways to buy the music pass by the way so stumped up for the years subscription, it has probably already paid for itself as I have saved the money spent on the music pass buy collecting enough music to cover it (Had it about two weeks :angel:).

What I have done is to load all my local music on each device (1520, Surface Pro, laptop and desktop) then set up the pass, and added more music, that way I have a combination of both local and music pass music on all my devices and it works, on my Xbox One I only have access to the music pass music until the new media app releases.

Bob

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Note that in the states: "Xbox Music Pass 30 day trial continues to a paid monthly subscription unless cancelled". Not sure about the UK or elsewhere; the US XBM Pass site has this at the bottom of its page.

I don't know of cheaper rates in the US, although there are different costs -and features- across countries. One thing to consider -if available to you- is subscriBing to Bing Rewards and earning search credits to subsidize or cover your XbM subscription. Bing for "free xbox music pass" and click videos on the top to get some users' takes on this. You can also learn about this at Bing Rewards - FAQ -with the usual regional qualification.

I'm with Bob on the value of the music pass. I have the original plan, and it is my best entertainment value, just ahead of Amazon Prime. Note, however, that there are limits to Bob's "on all devices" suggestion. On my pass, I am limited to six devices: three computers, one phone, and two additional mobile devices. Generous, as it is, yes; but still limited. The current plan has a four-device limit, and I don't know further specs on this. I also can play my Zune-managed Collection of owned and Pass music, as well as stream music videos, on my Xbox 360 E; but, that is probably for another thread.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Its four devices in the UK so for me that is phone, laptop, surface and desktop, the Xbox One doesn't count as it is streaming only. Also in the UK it says you go onto a monthly plan after the trail which works out more than paying for the yearly subscription without the trail.

We don't get Bing rewards over here.

As mentioned I have only had the pass a couple of weeks, to have bought the albums I have downloaded even if I had managed to find them in second-hand CD shops would have already surpassed my yearly pass, OK I don't own these albums, but it don't half cut down on shelf space, and I still have 50 weeks to choose almost limitless amounts of music to listen to.

As long as MS don't do something silly they will probably have me and my wife as subscribers next year (I will get her a pass for her birthday).

Bob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss