Stream instead of download - Music Pass

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to add an album to my library to stream, rather than just downloading it?

I have unlimited data, and a small amount of memory on my phone. (521) -I'd like to keep the memory free, and only use my data to stream music.

I know you can add music to your collection from the Xbox music website then stream of to your phone, but I'd like to be able to do this from my phone - like in google play music.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Download the content to your PC. Then open music & videos, go into settings from the ... at the bottom of the screen and turn on Xbox Music cloud collection. Then all of it will be accessible to stream. But why not just get a micro SD card to store your music on?

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to not use my PC to add albums to my collection.

Also, I don't want to store music on my SD because I hate how I end up with so many duplicate tracks.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Pin the album to your start screen. Once you click on the album tile only the music from that album will be added to the Now Playing list. Then you can save the Now Playing list as a playlist and delete the album from your start screen.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to not use my PC to add albums to my collection.

Also, I don't want to store music on my SD because I hate how I end up with so many duplicate tracks.

If you're downloading directly to your SD card you won't get duplicate tracks. That problem only seems to occur when syncing from PC.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Pin the album to your start screen. Once you click on the album tile only the music from that album will be added to the Now Playing list. Then you can save the Now Playing list as a playlist and delete the album from your start screen.

Thanks for the tip! I wish you could incorporate those playlist into your music library, hopefully in a future update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa