How do I use this thing?

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll start off by saying that I have a pretty strong (i.e. absolute, barring something developer related) that one should never have to plug a smart phone into a computer....

Since I just got my nice new 928 (which I'm totally loving), I figured I'd give Xbox Music a shot. Seemed like the most reasonable way to sync my music -- I can't imagine any other reason for uploading it. But, I can't get it to work. All the "help" I'm finding indicates that I need to connect via USB and drag and drop my mp3s. :eck:

So, given my opening prohibition, can I actually use Xbox Music for my music library? If not, is there an app that works for this?

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
If you have Windows 8, Xbox music syncs you music, at least the music in the Xbox library. It works great and the music is then available to stream on your phone. No Windows 8 and you will have to plug it in.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I'll start off by saying that I have a pretty strong (i.e. absolute, barring something developer related) that one should never have to plug a smart phone into a computer....

Since I just got my nice new 928 (which I'm totally loving), I figured I'd give Xbox Music a shot. Seemed like the most reasonable way to sync my music -- I can't imagine any other reason for uploading it. But, I can't get it to work. All the "help" I'm finding indicates that I need to connect via USB and drag and drop my mp3s. :eck:

So, given my opening prohibition, can I actually use Xbox Music for my music library? If not, is there an app that works for this?

I hate to say this but XBOX Music is an absolute mess. (see my post here http://forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-music/225079-xbox-music-6-months-later.html )

Bottom line, I download the music I want from the old ZUNE app. Then make playlists with Windows Media Player and then use the DESKTOP Windows Phone app to sync to phone. Your music is somehow copied to the XBOX Music cloud but not all of your music gets there. And there is no easy way to manage the CLOUD music. If you do create CLOUD playlists, you are limited to 1000 songs per playlist.

The XBOX Music app is really lacking in working with the phone. And I agree, we need wireless syncing back again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786