New Xbox music app for wp8.1. Split second sound between tracks. Sometimes loud. Update did not fix.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, no problems running latest auto-downloaded XBM (version 2.2.849 per my About page) on an RT running 8.1, using both the C drive and a 64gb Sandisk card.

This problem is specific to Windows Phones running the Windows Phone Developer Preview 8.1 OS. I don't know of anyone having this problem on other devices. I don't want any confusion. Thank you though.

drlacus

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yepp, happens to me also. Actually, I think it is a snippet from the track that was playing, to be precise, it is from the end of it, because it does not happen with those tracks that end with a 3-4 second silence and if it happens to be much quieter when the song ends at the end of a gradual linear fade out.

drlacus

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
It is not a firmware bug, it's an OS bug. A guy got back to me a moment ago on another forum that he has this with his Ativ S.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
There was another OS update yesterday and the issue is STILL THERE. Seriously?? The 630 is out now. Does anyone know if that phone has the issue? Could it be firmware?

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
There was another OS update yesterday and the issue is STILL THERE. Seriously?? The 630 is out now. Does anyone know if that phone has the issue? Could it be firmware?
Well, now XBM is seperated from the OS, so if you wanna see an update for the XBM and fixes, you should look for the update of XBM App itself rather than the OS, although it can be possible that there would be fixed via the OS update, but the chances are kinda irrational.

byobg

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, now XBM is seperated from the OS, so if you wanna see an update for the XBM and fixes, you should look for the update of XBM App itself rather than the OS, although it can be possible that there would be fixed via the OS update, but the chances are kinda irrational.

Read further in this thread - this problem is NOT limited to Xbox Music, it's affecting all music-playing apps under 8.1. So either every music app developer coincidentally coded the same bug at the same time, or it's an OS issue. (The second choice seems the more likely one to me...)

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
This is from the Nokia 630 forum:
I've got the 630 and the popping sound I had with my 620 isn't there anymore when fast forwarding a video or whatever... Hope that answers your question

So it looks like the OS is okay. I would assume we are on the latest one or the latest we can be without new firmware since 8.1 has shipped. My thought is we have to wait for AT&T to roll out the official 8.1 update with Cyan firmware for a fix. We are beta testers after all. I am bummed though! I use my phone for music constantly.

Omaphalaphagus

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a the same kinds of problems that you all are having as too, but am I the only one that has a 30 song long playlist when I put my phone on shuffle? I have 750+ songs on my phone, but only hear a fraction at a time.:eck:

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Can you guys with the Cyan update confirm that this has been fixed? I'm planning to revert to WP8 when Cyan goes available for the 620 and then update. If it's still not fixed, I'll just wait for Microsoft to fix the Bitlocker problem.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having trouble with Xbox music not recognizing new playlists after last update? Mine wont but if I use musictastic it shows up and can then go into Xbox music to continue the playlist, but it still doesn't show it under the playlist section

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the app to allow you to use the old music hub in 8.1 today and it still does it. :/

I also noticed that the app Melodia has the same issue when I play notification previews.. Could it be 8.1?

What app is this?

A few weeks back I reverted by phone back to 8.0 for other issues, but I'm trying to keep track of progresses made on restore the Xbox Music app to 8.0 functionality (or at least trying to). Mostly I'm waiting on:

- Live Tile support (still think that's promised?)
- Recent Plays (added it seems)
- Music Hub (links to Pandora, Metrotube, etc.)

lagerpe

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
This issue has not been fixed at all !! The split second noise between each song is still very much there !! This is just incredible !!!

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
This issue has not been fixed at all !! The split second noise between each song is still very much there !! This is just incredible !!!

It actually seems to be not a app issue, as I originally thought, but an incompatibility between 8.1 and the digital device in many (even most) Windows Phone apps.

Which, on one hand, means that perhaps Xbox Music doesn't have another problem, which is good. It simultaneously means that the Windows Phone team really dropped the ball, to the point where the ball shattered into a thousand pieces, by releasing an update that bugs audio playback across multiple apps.

Basically, it seems to be...

Windows Phone 8.0 = No reports of this problem whatsoever (can you imagine trying to cell a smart phone with a cracking sound between every song you play?)

Windows Phone 8.1 = Problem effects many, if not most, handsets that are updated.

It may not be an Xbox Music problem. It may be much worse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans