Discovered how to make Xbox Music (WP8.1) show artist images/bio/album arts!

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Ugh, Lumia Icon updated to 8.1 denim and of course the biggest headache is my media. Podcasts disappear and the native podcast app crashes upon opening.

With 8.0 I used MPAtool to add album art and artist backgrounds and it worked great, showed artist background on the live tile and lockscreen when playing.

Any US user getting live tile/lockscreen artist backgrounds from their music without paying a monthly subscription to play their music?

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, Lumia Icon updated to 8.1 denim and of course the biggest headache is my media. Podcasts disappear and the native podcast app crashes upon opening.

With 8.0 I used MPAtool to add album art and artist backgrounds and it worked great, showed artist background on the live tile and lockscreen when playing.

Any US user getting live tile/lockscreen artist backgrounds from their music without paying a monthly subscription to play their music?

Yes, Xbox music does this already for free, so as long as the music is playing. If you stop the music or pause, it will go away. Also try using this tool for 8.1 Tag Editor.

Check out "Tag Editor" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=9a9f46f0-370b-43f3-a4c4-962c747af2cb

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

Not unless the music is streaming. And no, I don't have the Xbox Music Pass.

Sachin Gamit

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Take a look at this
forums.windowscentral.com/xbox-music/343683-way-add-xbox-music-artist-background-image-lock-screen-artist-image-any-region.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss