Waiting for WP Xbox Music App update!!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been praising Windows Phone since I've discovered it. But right now I'm surprisingly angry at Microsoft and am actually thinking of jumping ship.

For years, I've been either listening to my whole music collection (about 15 gb) on shuffle or listening to a comedian who makes short sketches in mp3 format which I have in excess of 1500 of. Now I can't do that because there's a lame 100 song limit in the queue. I'm stuck using the Music Hub Tile for this.

Album art is missing (album sleeves, etc.) after I spent HOURS organizing my collection (which both iOS and Android recognize without any problem) and of top of that, I used Windows Media Player to do it! But XBox Music doesn't see it properly or changes it! What the hell?

When you start the app and go to the artists list or album list, it still takes nearly a minute to list them all.

And I repeat, I've never had problems with any of this on either iOS or Android. Android didn't properly recognize special characters like French accents for example. But otherwise, no problem.

I know XBox Music will get better. But they should have waited until it was actually done before releasing it! It's on the store, it's not just because it's a developer preview! They're just contributing to the negative image Microsoft has and, unfortunately, they're hard to defend

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Ditto, music is a huge part of my mobile experience. Have a personal collection of over 12k songs. I tolerated a basic but fast music app with WP8, now with 8.1 is is still horrible after yesterdays update. Album art that shows up fine in the basic player doesn't show up in the new 8.1 app. Still a lot of lag when scrolling through my collection. Buying music is a chore and not easy at all. They have totally ruined the mobile music experience with 8.1. As much as I hate iTunes I have to wonder what I am going to do this fall when I can get a new phone.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I just update some album arts with media monkey and put it back on sd card now it only shows those 2 files album art which i updated wit media monkey and the other file's album art are not showing. Don't know what's wrong happened, before the update all album art are showing but after update this happens. However, the album art of all other files are showing in pc with all music player apps (like vlc, wmp, media monkey, etc)

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think the very first thing the XBox Music team has to do is make a persistent nav bar. I don't like going into an artist and having to hit the back button to get to the main view. That is just bad UX.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Used the new update to Xbox Music,its a great improvement from what it was, but it still needs work. I prefer Listen music player. Its a great app check it out!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
As far as functionnalities go, I expect two things:

1- Limitless queue (or whatever the normal amount is)
2- That the app stops "Looking for music" everytime it launches taking huge amounts of time.

Those are the crucial ones for me. After that, it's just icing on the cake to make it better to me.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
They need to add a damn stop button, to stop the music and clear the volume bar. It is basic functionality of any music player to have a stop feature. MS is adding all other stuff and ignoring this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers