Xbox Music - What a pile of crap!

anon(7812135)

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm feeling really sorry for having given up my iPhone 4S for a Lumia 1320. The Xbox Music app has turned out to be the biggest disappointment ever. I don't know where to begin, as it's practically a bagload of bugs, bugs and more bugs.

1.) I live in India, and have no Xbox Music subscription. Consequently, I don't get any "turn xbox syncing off" option anywhere in the app settings. I just tried copying 2 songs manually, only to have their ID3 tags (and the metadata in them) completely messed up.
2.) Where the heck is the "now playing" screen in Xbox music on WP 8.1? If I exit the app while a song is playing, and then open it again, I don't see anyway to get to the now playing screen. And if I click on the song being played, the damn thing starts playing from the beginning.

Seriously.. I wish I could sell this junk and get back my iPhone. As restrictive as Apple's ecosystem might be, at least it works!

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Everyone has a opinion......im glad I got rid of my junk iphone, and I'm very happy with wp. You can always go back to the "most" boring looking os in the world.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
While Xbox Music still needs a lot of work, I'm pretty okay with it. I don't listen to music that much on m device, so experiences may certainly be different for those who spend a lot of time listening to music on their phones.
I don't get though why so many people keep complaining about this app. Who is it that forces you to use it? It's not like there isn't any other music app available in the store. There are plenty that offer more functionality than the "official" app. Why not just use one of these?
Smartphones are app centric. So if I'm not a hundred percent satisfied with a certain core app, I can always use any app from the store. Where's the big deal?

kb4000

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I 2.) Where the heck is the "now playing" screen in Xbox music on WP 8.1? If I exit the app while a song is playing, and then open it again, I don't see anyway to get to the now playing screen. And if I click on the song being played, the damn thing starts playing from the beginning.
Just hit your volume key and then tap the title of the playing song to get to what's currently playing. Also if you're actually playing something from the Xbox music app you should be able to swipe right or left until you get to the now playing screen. As for the tags getting messed up I personally haven't experienced that problem. I don't really know what you mean about the song restarting. Where are you pressing exactly?

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm feeling really sorry for having given up my iPhone 4S for a Lumia 1320. The Xbox Music app has turned out to be the biggest disappointment ever. I don't know where to begin, as it's practically a bagload of bugs, bugs and more bugs.

1.) I live in India, and have no Xbox Music subscription. Consequently, I don't get any "turn xbox syncing off" option anywhere in the app settings. I just tried copying 2 songs manually, only to have their ID3 tags (and the metadata in them) completely messed up.
2.) Where the heck is the "now playing" screen in Xbox music on WP 8.1? If I exit the app while a song is playing, and then open it again, I don't see anyway to get to the now playing screen. And if I click on the song being played, the damn thing starts playing from the beginning.

Seriously.. I wish I could sell this junk and get back my iPhone. As restrictive as Apple's ecosystem might be, at least it works!

Try Nokia MixRadio, if you are not satisfied with the native music app. I just did and found it suits my needs. I'm able to play my locally installed music and correctly display the album cover when the music is playing on the pinned MixRadio tile on my start screen. dKP1977 is right, you have to try different apps until you find what suits you best. Cheers... I'm running official WP8.1+cyan...

anon(7812135)

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Everyone has a opinion......im glad I got rid of my junk iphone, and I'm very happy with wp. You can always go back to the "most" boring looking os in the world.

Well, I guess that "junk" part came out a little hastened. I love WP, and Nokia's something I'll always love for their impeccable build quality (both in terms of hardware and software). And yeah, the boring part about iOS definitely makes a lot of sense. Guess I'll just have to wait until MS fixes the music app to make it worth using.

anon(7812135)

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Try Nokia MixRadio, if you are not satisfied with the native music app. I just did and found it suits my needs. I'm able to play my locally installed music and correctly display the album cover when the music is playing on the pinned MixRadio tile on my start screen.

Thanks for this! I've never used MixRadio that much (though it's awesome!), but I didn't realize it can play local music as well. One more question, when my MixRadio subscription ends (let's just say I choose not to renew it), can I still use the app to play offline music, or would it take away this capability or limit it somehow?

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this! I've never used MixRadio that much (though it's awesome!), but I didn't realize it can play local music as well. One more question, when my MixRadio subscription ends (let's just say I choose not to renew it), can I still use the app to play offline music, or would it take away this capability or limit it somehow?

I'm from the Philippines and MixRadio ain't available here. So i just use the app to play all my sdcard music. Hope this answers your question.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe it would limit the amount of offline music to the free version of four playlists.

This only affects the offline mixes (i.e. the free audio "streaming") you get for free. The limit here is 4 (four).

Proper offline music (i.e. mp3 music you put on your device or SD) is unlimited.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo