Xbox Music WP 8.1 won't Sync with new playlists from Windows 8.1

Kryzzly

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
So I changed the name, removed, and added a bunch of songs onto playlists on my Surface Pro. But my Lumia phone refuses to sync with these changes on my computer and still shows songs and playlists from over a month ago. I can't reinstall the music app or find a way to sync my playlists over wi-fi. Has anyone had a similar issue?

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Same problem for me
I added some items to a playlist 24 hours ago in win 8.1, these also show up fine in music.xbox.com so are being synced up

Lumia phone is not picking them up

The auto download of playlists on the phone also seems broke, nothing downloads unless I manually do it

Piratelooksat40

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am completely in shock at how bad Xbox Music has become. Seriously, are they even trying at all? Xbox Music for Windows 8.1 is just unusable to manage music. I just manage my music through zune. I make playlists and then move them to my phone using the Windows phone app on 8.1. It generally worked on windows phone 8, occasionally I would have to restart my phone and my PC to get it to work, but I could always get my music. Unfortunately, now with 8.1, not only do the playlist that I want not sync, but all of the sudden I have playlist that I did not put on the phone (Understand, I have cloud music turned off!) I delete them and others come back.

While I really love my Windows phone I worked for Microsoft for 17 years and left 2 years ago, and I have some loyalty to them. I believe, I am now done.

​Really a shame.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if I caused the issue on mine, or it was the latest update

I wanted a clean start with my music
Deleted all music from the PC app (except music pass downloads)
After this I deleted any left over streaming music from Windows App and Phone app
after this I added about 50% of my music back, all seemed to sync and become available on all devices
then the app got an update
added the rest of my music back (shows in windows app and the online music site)
non of this added since the music app update has made it to my phone, and playlist are as they where before the update

I am sure a hard reset would fix it, but don't want to do this, just hoping an update in the future cures it

*all my syncing is via the cloud, don't do any local syncing

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Same here. It used to work perfectly a few weeks ago. Any playlist changes I did on my Windows devices were automatically synced to my phone after a short while. Now, I'm stuck with an old playlist from about a month ago while the web version correlates with my Windows 8.1 devices.

I really want them to give us the ability to manually sync our devices on both platforms.

The according UserVoice entry doesn't get much attention though: Manual sync for apps – Xbox Music Suggestion Box

Matthew_D

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to add that over 6 months later, this problem still exists. This is also after Microsoft launched the music syncing using Onedrive a few weeks back. Initially after this launched, I successfully synced my music between my W8.1 PC and my Nokia Lumia 1020, however a couple of weeks ago my WP refused to sync. I have tried syncing it nearly everyday since, as well as multiple reboots.
If anyone has found a fix, sharing it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos