Xbox Music playback stops but it looks like the song is about to start playing

ivaschuck

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 930 with Cyan and the latest Developer Preview and here is the problem I encounter with Xbox Music and can reproduce every time:

1. Start listening to any album either with shuffe on or off
2. After about 4 or 5 songs, the current song ends and the new one is about to begin
3. The progress bar below the album art says "Opening..." and the title of the next song gets displayed
4. The Play button is toggled to the Pause icon(II) which indicates that the song is playing, but not music can be heard and the song progress bar is stuck at 0:00. Pressing Rewind of Fast Forward does nothing.
5. Exit the app by holding the Back key and swipe down to close it.
6. Back on the Start Screen press Volume Up/Down key and the when the music player controls drop down click on the song title which takes you back to the Xbox Music app.
7. Press Play and the stuck song starts playing and playback is resumed as expected.

Has anyone else experienced this annoying issue? I don't understand how Microsoft's QA department missed such an obvious bug. I used to get in on my Lumia 630 without the Developer Preview as well, so this is not Lumia 930 specific.

mcbeastly

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed this bug, or a very similar one, for some time. I too have a 930, cyan, but it's the standard version (ie, not Dev Preview). After a variable number of songs it stops playing even though it is showing another song as playing (the play button is toggled to pause). However, I cannot get the music to play again whatever I do unless I turn the phone off and restart it. Exiting the XBox Music app and then trying to play a song doesn't work for me.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
When I had this it was because the track name in the library actually no longer exists in the location it was when the library database entry was made/modified.
MS can't seem to get a library database to be in sync with what's on a filesystem.
Four options (in order of suitability):
1) Buy an iPod
2) Use another music app (Modern Music has none of the bugs that XBM has)
3) Wait for MS to possibly decide to think about starting to fix it. Two hopes....
4) Do nothing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs