How to transfer Local files to XBox Music PC and then to WP?

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the Music Pass and I switched from a broken Lumia 925 to a Lumia 635. I had lectures uploaded to my memory on my Lumia 925 and created playlists. Of course those playlists appear on XBoxMusic on my PC too. However, now that I don't have that phone anymore do I have to delete each and every song then reload each song on my phone to the play lists manually? Is there an easier way to do this? Is there a way I can do it all from my PC, that is create playlists, put lectures in playlists, then connect phone to PC and auto sync it all? Any help would be much appreciated. I'm really getting tired of the Xbox Music service. If I can't sync local files from my PC to my WP I'll be very disappointed. iTunes is the one thing I miss about the iPhone. What an amazing program that is.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
If the playlists are on xbox music on your pc, then you can

connect phone to computer via usb and open xbox music
display the playlist
open up charms bar (winkey + c) and select share
select your phone from the list

playlist plus all its content will be copied to phone

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The simplest way is to plug phone into the PC and copy the files to where you want them to go.

Then set Xbox Music to see that folder as a source of music.

Bob

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
That's what I thought,I just wish there was an easier way to sync just in case my files start to duplicate. It would take forever to recreate those playlists since the old corrupted duplicates will still be in there. Sigh biting the bullet again and for what? Loyalty?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans