Why does my Xbox music app display a black box for several seconds before loading the album?

segasaturn

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Xbox music album art/artist background local music question

When I go to a certain album or artist detail page in the Xbox music app it always first displays a gray or a black box for several seconds before eventually loading the album art/artist background. I understand this for music that I'm streaming or from the cloud but the app also does this for my own music that is on my phone/hard drive. Is this a bug or error on my end or does this commonly happen to others with their local music on XBM?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Xbox music album art/artist background local music question

Yes even for locally stored music the app download the artist images from the cloud

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Xbox music album art/artist background local music question

No indication of what device you're using, but it may not matter. I'd never paid much attention to this, but to help a puzzled user, on a day off: on a 1020 -also with only owned music, I get a gray (blank) 'box' for several seconds when I first launch any item. This gray box is simply a blank square in the middle of your screen where the album art goes. You get the same gray blank if you are missing album art, but in such a case, the box stays gray. This is good memory management; the OS is not keeping the associated/linked .jpg in memory. The jpg is not part of the track file, but it does display it when the app routine calls it. No bug, no problem. If I change to/select a new item once the app is running/music is playing, there should be no delay in starting the music nor displaying the album image.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes