Why did my XBOX Music stop working?

ASOTGUY

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
XBOX Music stop working!

Hey guys! How you doing? Well, as you read the xbox music app stop working in my device (lumia 720, Cyan update). Yesterday morning i turn on the phone and then i just open the app to listen some music, but never worked! There is a message when I try to use the app "Can't play. Sorry we are not able to play this song right now. Please try again later". I tried rebooting my phone but didn't work :crying:

Now I'm using Mixradio, but unfortunately isn't the same (I miss the slider bar).

I really apreciate a solution for this.

Thanks everybody. :smile:

wp_ss_20141120_0003.pngwp_ss_20141120_0004.png

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: XBOX Music stop working!

You don't say if the song in question (Or is it all songs) is local music, part of your music pass collection or just streaming.

Given the message it would sound like it is a server side issue but without more info hard to help you.

Maybe try it later, however I have just tried local music, XBMP music and streaming and all seem to be working.

ASOTGUY

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

All my music and stuff (videos, photos, docs, etc.) are stored in my external memory. It isn't a music streaming or something like that, everything is located in my micro sd card (Sandisk class 10). Sadly I have a lot of music in my memory (almost 20GB). Fortunately Mixradio works fine, but is not the same.

Of course I wait for a while (I wait for 5 minutes, 15 minutes, an hour and an entire night!) but nothing happen! :crying:

I have the last version of the music app (2.6.348.0), but now is useless. I don't know what happen :cry:

Please! I really apreciate any possible solution :smile:

Last edited:

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

Maybe your SD card is corrupted?

Or maybe Xbox Music is just a big *** failure. Download Music Hub Tile and see if it can play your music.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Have you tried a different SD card, can you see the contents of the SD card if you plug the phone into a PC?

Is Mix Radio working off of the same files (Never looked at Mix Radio until just now, so forget that it does play the same stuff).

Not an expert but I would be tempted to take out the SD card, restart the phone (Let it settle down) then put it back in, then restart again and see if that helps.

ASOTGUY

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

I don't think that my micro sd card is corrupted, because I can listen all my music with Mixradio without any problem. I believe is an app failure, I'm gonna try diferent options later, now I don't have enough time.

I really, really apreciate any solution or ideas for this :smile:

Last edited:

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I don't think that my micro sd card is corrupted, because I can listen all my music with Mixradio without any problem. I believe is an app failure, I'm gonna try diferent options later, now I don't have enough time.

I really, really apreciate any solution or ideas for this :smile:

Yup. Xbox Music is unstable. I use Music Hub Tile instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes