Errors with new phone and re-subbed Music Pass

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Lost 6 hours last nght trying to get my wife's new HTC m8 for WP and music pass setup. I'm at the end of the rope and will probably have to call support on this one in the morning but though I'd run it through here first for ideas.

Wife had WP 7 about 2.5 years ago with then a Zune Pass. She swapped over to iPhone when the 5 launched and cancelled the pass. She still used her MS account for personal email, calendar and Windows 8.1 PC sign ons etc. So this week I persuaded her to flop back to WP since she had the upgrade to burn and minor issues with her iPhone 5. The m8 came yesterday and I got it activated no problem. Before ever launching the music app on the phone, I used the PC to go to music.xbox.com and get her setup. Took the 30 day trial offer and its set to renew 12-25-2014.

NOTHING PLAYS. IM GETTING ERROR MESSAGES.

Nothing plays on the phone. Nothing plays in the Windows 8.1 music app nor surface rt music app under her MS account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the XBM app several times on both devices (not phone). I went back into music.xbox.com and got into her collection. Nothing played their either. So I nuked it. It was old anyway and I thought perhaps the music rights between Zune and XBM were perhaps the issue.

So after getting the collection blanked out, I then added one album that she likes. Through the website it does play. When I reinstalled the app on Win8.1 PC and Surface under her account, it synced the collection... with that one album... and IT WILL NOT PLAY. Says I need to sign in. I am signed in. It would not have synced the collection if I wasn't. In the app preference I turned on "Download songs to this device" to get it to add the PC to the subscription device list. It errors and says the maximum number of devices are connected. However, when I login to xbox.com and check her subscription/manage devices it tells me there ARE NO DEVICES associated with her account. (WTH?)

I went a step further... I just got an Xbox One 2 weeks ago. I used it and signed into the music app on the XB1 under her account and it took a while. Meaning I had to attempt 5 or 6 sign ons because "We couldn't process that right now". Eventually it worked and the collection synced with that one album. I played it with no problems. I checked her subscriptions in the XB1 and after several failed attempts (try again later) it finally did show the music sub details.

Went back to the PC and Surface and the app still fails with the same errors. Below are the 3 errors I keep getting:

Cant Download. Sorry, you cant download from XBM here because your already downloading from the maximum devices allowed. 0xc1010008 (0xc1010008)

Cant Play. Cant sign in. Try again later 0xc101a9c7 (0xc101a9c7)

Cant Play One or More Songs. For more info select an info icon in the now playing list.... 0xc00d11df (0xc00D11df)

I think this is beyond anything or setting I can do myself and may just have to call support to have them check her account.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
With all due respect, I strongly recommend (confidently, from years of experience with troubleshooting many devices and much software) calling Microsoft support after 20 minutes, not 6 hours. It's free for most things -even older devices and software, they're patient, and they're good.

Disclaimer: My experience is limited to calls from the US.

My only thought is that you have account or settings conflicts of some kind; nothing sounds familiar. I only manually load owned music on my 1020, but I can play tons of my XBM pass music, along with my owned collection, on an RT and SP2 -both running 8.1. I do use the 1020 to listen to and download music through my pass, and it generally always works and plays fine.

Good luck getting past this, and you will -if you haven't already. With a 12-25-14 expiration, you should have a great Christmas present option. Great listening to both of you.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
After a lengthy chat and getting bumped up a few times to someone knowledgeable, got it working. It was all on their side.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Who did you speak to? How did they describe the issue and what did they do to fix it?
I did an online chat and they did an account reset. It had something to do with paying monthly years ago, let it cancel, then signed back up with her same email. It messed up the device license and wouldn't recognize any new devices, even though none were listed online under her account. I remember part of it was a new 9.99 charge on her card to activate (reactivate) service, then gave her the credit back. It started working on all devices and for the trouble gave a free month.

Something about the old Zune plans and when signing up again it went under the new plan. The 10 song credits per month plan. That's how far back it was. I got her the annual gift card for $50 on the Christmas deal. The prepaid didn't play nice with paying monthly on a card.

Onyeka Nwankwo1

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you remember which link you started the online chat from? I'm having same issues and i've tried two phone calls and multiple chats. Phone calls tell me to call nokia snce i'm having the problem on my phone (odd they don't seem to know microsoft is nokia now...) and the chats keep sending around to various places without assitance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte