Has XBOX Music changed for anyone else?

Joseph Anthony2

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Since the implementation of XBOX Music Deals app, the main app had changed for me. Meaning before I could listen to complete songs, that I didn't own, with ads, much like spotify. Since I've purchased music through the app, now I can only isten to 30 second clips or purchase the songs.

Anyone know anything about this?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
We used to have some hours of free listening like that, although I thought it was just on the PC, but starting December 1, the only way to do that is with the music pass subscription.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you have an XBOX Music Pass? IIRC, they were dumping the free playing?

Of course, they haven't implemented music matching, or a locker service, or made the app not suck yet, etc etc.

Joseph Anthony2

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't have music pass, due to my account being recognized as from Spain even though I've tried to change the region multiple times online and through xbox customer support.

Xbox customer support is embarassing. I literally begged them to help me chane the region on my account (i dont even have an xbox) so I could purchase the music pass. no help whatsoever.

If this is could to be a purchasing app like itunes, they should add fun things like TOP SONGS CHARTS etc...

Keith Brooks

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed something about the Xbox Music app on my Windows 8.1 Pro x64 pc that I don't like about the app at all. I used the Music Deals app to get some of the free albums they have for the holidays. Error's galore downloading the music on 30mbps. connection. Then after what it actually did download was done, showing every song from the album as downloaded. I then go to the desktop and open WMP for it to add the music there, as I like WMP's equalizer. WMP either misses alot of the songs or Xbox Music actually didn't download everything it claimed it did. Personally my guess is it's the Xbox Music and not WMP. WMP never missed any of my cd's I had it rip to my hard drive or any Amazon MP3 downloads I purchased. I'll defintely never join Xbox Music for that reason and the app not having any sort of sound enhancements, like WMP and other media players do. I also have the app on my Lumia 521, but I also other apps, that I use instead.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Xbox customer support is embarassing. I literally begged them to help me chane the region on my account (i dont even have an xbox) so I could purchase the music pass. no help whatsoever.
Same with some of their other departments. My office activation on the tablet snagged. I asked if resetting the tablet would help. I was told no no no. Their solution was to buy a subscription out of pocket (the other one told me I had to wait for my trial to end before I could activate office). I reset the tablet, problem solved.

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Didn't have any problems on my systems (Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit) except for one system that wouldn't download at all until I reset the default libraries. Have you looked for the mp3s in windows explorer? They should be located in your Music\Xbox Music\Purchases unless you've done something to change that.

If the files aren't on your drive, what status does it show for the albums/songs in Xbox Music? The songs will have a cloud icon to the left of it if Xbox Music thinks it's been downloaded. If it has a streaming icon like this ((•)), then it wasn't downloaded (probably related to the errors you were getting). In this case you can select individual songs to download, or easily download the entire album by selecting it from the circular ellipsis button to the right of the album.

penetronn

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Where is out Onedrive cloud locker? Please Microsoft, it's been two years already. This is absurd. I have over 100 albums of classical and soundtrack albums that don't exist in the Xbox Music streaming-verse that I have to keep on my phone 24/7. I'd use google play music or amazon music but neither are supported on windows phone. Losing patience. If this isn't done by windows 10, I'm going back to android.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I have over 100 albums of classical and soundtrack albums that don't exist in the Xbox Music streaming-verse that I have to keep on my phone 24/7. I'd use google play music or amazon music but neither are supported on windows phone.
You don't have to keep them on your phone, you choose to.
It does sound like the MS ecosystem isn't for you though. Buy an Android and be happy.

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Where is out Onedrive cloud locker? Please Microsoft, it's been two years already. This is absurd. I have over 100 albums of classical and soundtrack albums that don't exist in the Xbox Music streaming-verse that I have to keep on my phone 24/7. I'd use google play music or amazon music but neither are supported on windows phone. Losing patience. If this isn't done by windows 10, I'm going back to android.

I think that's a valid complaint--my own situation is a little different, I'm just annoyed that I can't better integrate my existing songs into Microsoft's own music library.

However, I suspect iTunes and Google Play would give me the exact same issue: for example, I have the soundtrack from Stand Alone Complex, which is organized as being composed by Yoko Kanno. I can play it on my phone just fine, because, well, it's on my phone (which is exactly what I want--I don't need music streaming sucking up all my data from my provider when I've got a 64 GB SD card).

However, I can't do anything about the missing album art (since MPATool only supports WP 8.0). Of course that's not really surprising, since Yoko Kano's not an American or English-speaking artist--it's not clear that iTunes or Google Play offer her music either. It's surprising when Danny Elfman, who is sold by Xbox Music, won't be linked to my own Danny Elfman music. There are lots of little gaps like that.

Then again, given the age and nature of my music library, I doubt iTunes would recognize many more of my songs (it might--or it might recognize even fewer of them). I would really like using OneDrive to sync music though.

Joseph Anthony2

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I think that's a valid complaint--my own situation is a little different, I'm just annoyed that I can't better integrate my existing songs into Microsoft's own music library.

However, I suspect iTunes and Google Play would give me the exact same issue: for example, I have the soundtrack from Stand Alone Complex, which is organized as being composed by Yoko Kanno. I can play it on my phone just fine, because, well, it's on my phone (which is exactly what I want--I don't need music streaming sucking up all my data from my provider when I've got a 64 GB SD card).

However, I can't do anything about the missing album art (since MPATool only supports WP 8.0). Of course that's not really surprising, since Yoko Kano's not an American or English-speaking artist--it's not clear that iTunes or Google Play offer her music either. It's surprising when Danny Elfman, who is sold by Xbox Music, won't be linked to my own Danny Elfman music. There are lots of little gaps like that.

Then again, given the age and nature of my music library, I doubt iTunes would recognize many more of my songs (it might--or it might recognize even fewer of them). I would really like using OneDrive to sync music though.

I have a similar "issue". I have the entire score of Sailor Moon by Arisawa Takanori that I would eventualy like to add to my Xbox Music library so it can have the pretty artwork album covers...but for now it remains on my desktop in folders : (

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar "issue". I have the entire score of Sailor Moon by Arisawa Takanori that I would eventualy like to add to my Xbox Music library so it can have the pretty artwork album covers...but for now it remains on my desktop in folders : (

I have the opening 'Moonlight Desu', which means one album (with the correct album art). Of course, because artist artwork is defined on a song to song basis (and online by Xbox Music), I can't add my own--a shame, but pretty minor on the list of Xbox Music glitches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3