Way to add Xbox Music Artist Background Image and lock screen artist image (Any Region)

Sachin Gamit

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It's said OLD is GOLD, yes that worked for me on my Lumia 730 wp 8.1
What I used are
1. Zune on PC
2. Tag Editor
3. MPA Tool for Lock screen Background

Steps-
1. Download your song in mp3 format. (as other formats won't worked for me, you can try by yourself.)
2. Stay organized using folder as windows phone do put your song in this way (ArtistName/Artist Album/Song ex. Owl City/Ocean Eyes/Fireflies.mp3)
3. Make sure your PC Region and Currency set to US.
4. Now in Zune find your songs album info using right click on your song.
5. After matching Album info check whether Zune show artist image on playing song ( in Now playing ) if not than try to match with other albums if showing.
6. If it's showing than it's done now just copy your mp3 to your phone.
7. Now play song on your phone whatever your phone region it will show artist background.

For lock screen image use MPA Tool and it's working with wp 8.1
If still not showing than turn off option of lock screen artist image and turn it on again

(Optional)
Use Tag Editor to use missing album art and metadata btw Zune will do it by itself for you just need to copy whole folder of Artist

Last edited:

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
It's a good idea, but sadly, it doesn't work for me.

For example, I have three songs by Madonna--Zune correctly recognizes who 'Madonna' is, but my phone does not it. Most of my other artists do show up though, but this will not correct any that are left over (and are not already corrected).

Sachin Gamit

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot (12).png
After matching your song details, if your zune show this kind of artist image when playing your song than it will also shown up on your phone after copying the song on your phone too.

Conan143

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Can you upload some mp3 song in your library which shows album art on lock screen background... I will try it in my phone :)

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Wow, color me impressed! It actually works pretty well--I was finally able to get Artist information for Danny Elfman (and Madonna and Coolio).

Xbox Music is actually pretty good about filling out the information on its own (at least on my phone), but it was missing a few things--this seems to have done a pretty good job correcting it. Non-American/European artists are likely not to make it in, and it doesn't always work (Culture Beat is still broken), but it's definitely an improvement.

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Culture Beat? It looks like a more recent picture of them (circa late 90s). At least on my end--

Their lineup wasn't always the same, if I recall--

Very curious! I have three songs purchased from the Xbox Music store, and for some reason, artist backgrounds hate those--I might try adding that particular song and see if it "sticks" when I get home from the office.

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else had problems with getting Protomen to work properly? Zune recognizes one of the albums (though not the other one, even though it sells it), but the artist isn't linked on WP. In my case, it's "The Protomen" that gets recognized in Zune, "The Cover up" that isn't, and neither one is artist linked on my Lumia.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yep. But it's still, I'm led to believe, streets ahead of XBM as far as being able to actually, you know, play music.

Motor_Mouth

Banned
Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't ZUNE discontinued like forever ago?
So what? It still works better than any other application for curating your music collection, on PCs anyway (it is dead and gone from WP8).

What's wrong with just using MPA Tool for everything? XBM finds less than 20% of my artwork - album artwork and artist pics - but MPA Tool manages to find stuff for about 90% of it and let's you custom load the rest.

Someone here recently recommended Audiotica and I have to say it is far and away the most impressive when it comes to finding artwork and pics. It even found both for things I had digitised from vinyl that has never been available on CD or any other format. There were still a couple of things it couldn't find images for but I can live with that because it has done such a stellar job with the rest. The only gripe I have with it is that every band whose name starts with "The" is filed under "T" but, again, I can live with that. It's the first app I've found that is better than XBM.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've made the switch to Spotify. Which is great. Unless you want AC/DC :-(
I'm even thinking of selling my NAS now.
With Spotify and Netflix throughout the house/car/office I'm starting to feel down with the kids. Just need Snapchat now. Oh, wait a minute :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3