Can't download songs

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I do have my OneDrive folder on SD-card as well. It's annoying how you can't force Windows to treat SDXC as a SSD so there's no recycle bin for it and Xbox may have trouble writing to it too.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, I have mine on a D drive, regular HDD. But I did move after OneDrive integration. Maybe that has something to do with it.

test1r

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Any news or fixes known by now? I'm suffering from the same issue.... Streaming a new song is possible, but I can't download any new songs. I did move the subscription cache (not manually, but let windows do it) to OneDrive but now I returned it to it's old position. I also tried reinstalling the Music app, but still no go...

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, it seems to have something to do with the Drives. I originally set it up in the C: Drive and moved it to D:

I added the regular Music folder that's in Windows to XBM and it was able to download fine. However, I tried adding a folder to my music folder in OneDrive which is in my D drive and I get the error again. I'm guessing it's something deep within the system that needs changing.. registry or whatnot.

For now, if you really need this, my suggestion is try creating a folder somewhere(another drive on the pc) other than where your Music is at the moment.

Edit: Not a drive issue. At least not for me. I created a folder named blah blah("test music") on my D drive and it downloaded pass music ok. For me it seems to be more of a "OneDrive issue."

Last edited:

test1r

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Finally I was able to fix this issue for my situation. I posted a similar question on the Microsoft community pages, search for "Can't download song (0xc00d11cd or 0xc10100df)" as I can't post links here.

What fixed it for me was the following. Apparently I didn't have a save location anymore for my Music library, so it couldn't download my songs anywhere. So what you should check if you run into this problem is if you still have a save location. Right click on Music under library in Explorer and select properties. Check if any directory is still selected as save location. If not, create a new directory, add it there and select "Set save location". My guess is because I moved all of my music to OneDrive and deleted the original directory, the save location was deleted as well.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^yea apparently the app is hard coded to save in a music folder in your user directory. It won't download to any other folder. Another dumb thing about Xbox music. Oh well I figured it out too. Thanks!

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
This is not true at all.

You can have your Xbox Music downloads go to any directory on any drive. As long as you change the directory properly (through the Location tab in Properties).

Also, if your Xbox Music app is having problems downloading it, what you can do is uninstall the Xbox Music app. Restart the computer. Then reinstall the Xbox Music app from the Windows Store.

tkhamis

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting an error 0x00d11cd (0x80070057) when trying to download. I reset my Music folder to original location, but no luck. Any idea?

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ug... I have this same error code. It downloads what appears to be a temporary file into the Downloads folder, then, that file disappears and Groove throws up the download error message. My music is in my OneDrive/Music folder and my library is set to save music files in that OneDrive/Music folder.

I tried changing the save location to the C Drive, thinking it might be related to the SDXC or OneDrive, and still no luck. What does this error code mean?

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I believe I fixed my problem. I moved my special "Music" folder (the one with the music note icon) to the same location as the OneDrive "Music" folder by right clicking the special folder and going to the location tab and choosing the OneDrive Music folder. It seems Groove likes to default download things to the special music folder. Problems seem to arise if you do or do not have the special music folder as part of your library and if you choose another folder as the default save location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos