8.1 Music App - Cloud?

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok so....used to be a setting under preferences on the 8.1 music app where if I added to my collection, it would also be there on my phone and Xbox. No longer. If I add it on my Xbox it will be on my phone, and vice versa; but in either case it will NOT be on my 8.1 PC app. Likewise, I add/download to my 8.1 PC, it will not be on my Xbox or 8.1 phone. I know it was there before the onedrive integration; is that meant to take the place of the old way? Am I supposed to now put what I added from the music pass to the one drive manually, so it will show on other devices? That seems like a major pain in the ***. Am I missing something? They don't seem to have matching on the 8.1 PC app anymore either. Please help/advise?

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It's there but hidden and not automatic anymore

Add music into your 8.1 app on your PC
Now go into the store and find the exact same album and add this to you collection
your PC will only see your local version (should say available for streaming on other devices on properties of songs), other devices should see streaming version as before

I have done this with 10 albums over the last few weeks and only 1 failed as it wasn't on the store

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ah, that's way too much work. I uninstalled the app, cleared all of it's temp files, reinstalled the app and voila, the option to have it appear on other devices returned. Odd, but resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3