How does Xbox music compare to the competition?

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have charts? How many songs are in the database compared to the competition? Why would you get Xbox music above anything else?

All I can say is I purchased an annual music pass, and now I am pirating the same songs I could be streaming for free. The phone app is not bad, but they really need to improve their platform as a whole.

I hate Apple with a passion, however I hate iTunes less than Xbox Music. I hope Microsoft will revamp their Windows Media Player instead of relying on a barebones app, and or support PlayReady 3.0 with their DRM content.

Moreover, the streaming quality of Xbox Music is pretty bad (~192 Kbps).

Finally, Xbox support is horrible.. Zune support was much faster and courteous.

I think my next choice will be MOG. I will never buy anything with Xbox ever again.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Music has over 30mil+. It has been a great service for me. Having the ability to use Xbox Music on any device and OS is just icing on the cake. I just add music to my "collection" or use the "radio" feature and I'm good to go.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Been a subscriber since its early years: I don't hate anybody, but there is no competition. I mostly listen to the thousands of tracks I've downloaded and purchased through XBM plan, but 192-kbps streams sound great on the six devices on my plan. I run Zune and XBM, and the same people have provided all the support I've needed, which has never been very much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6