My opinion on Xbox one compared to 360

TAB1360

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I personally feel there is some more features but not that many also what features would enhance gaming besides maybe the ew controllers but definitely not worth paying over 500 dollars in my opinion. What is yours on the new feature and amount.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The fact that it is going to integrate a blu ray player, and be more active in terms of video content and mobile connectivity, yes I like the hardware. The cost though wouldn't be worth 500, maybe 300. Now, the graphics is what really has my attention, watching the Ghosts preview was sick, as was Forza 5 and NFL 14. Just some crazy graphics. Again, maybe not 500, unless the dream kinect (IllumiRoom) was packaged with it. But since its not, 300 for me.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the new system. I'm hoping that the Xbox will work as a DVR also. If it will then it's a sealed deal for me. I'm tired of paying a rental premium just to record my shows. But even so, the graphic on it are simply amazing. And if I can multi-task while playing a game that would be so cool. Even my desktop doesn't handle that very well, and it's got a kick-*** graphic card and six cores on the cpu.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The new system looks very interesting to me.

64bit architecture should make it the correct decision for easier sharing of code with high end PC games.

Farming off processor tasks to the cloud looks like the biggest advantage, so you won't be limited by the consoles power, and should enable the console to evolve over the next couple of years.

Not only that, but the video storing capabilities look interesting, people have been begging for these for years.

And the snap on IE looks awesome. It would be brilliant if i was stuck mid game, i can just bring up youtube, watch the video, and continue gaming, all without moving.

Kinect visual logging in will be really useful. Having multiple profiles on the 360 means a couple of seconds saving every time i log on.

Heck, even the idea of combining kinect with the controller (the example they gave was raising/lowering your controller to bring up a shield) looks interesting, if they can do it right.

Personally, i saw the presentation as great for gamers, and multi-media users alike. Just need to find the money for the console.

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I agree completely SnailUK. I am already setting aside around $700 for the Xbox1. Particularly as a someone who recently left college, I have never bothered with buying a cable box or anything like that. I've had a roku for a while now, but the NextBox is all I'm going to need moving into the future. I'll ahve the ability to watch all the TV shows, movies, and play all the games I want with just one system. I am very happy with MS's direction for this console.

Not only that, I will now have the option to mercilessly taunt my friends by calling them up right after big plays. I'll even get to play the footage over and over again! Haha. (most likely, I'll be the one getting my *** kicked, but oh well). I'm going to utilize the hell out of that snap feature.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I agree completely SnailUK. I am already setting aside around $700 for the Xbox1. Particularly as a someone who recently left college, I have never bothered with buying a cable box or anything like that. I've had a roku for a while now, but the NextBox is all I'm going to need moving into the future. I'll ahve the ability to watch all the TV shows, movies, and play all the games I want with just one system. I am very happy with MS's direction for this console.

Not only that, I will now have the option to mercilessly taunt my friends by calling them up right after big plays. I'll even get to play the footage over and over again! Haha. (most likely, I'll be the one getting my *** kicked, but oh well). I'm going to utilize the hell out of that snap feature.

Just a ntoe on the part I bolded- it seems that all of the live TV features are from an HDMI pass through, meaning you'll still need a regular set-top box from a cable provider. That gets plugged in to the Xbox and then in to the TV. I was really hoping that it would integrate everything and take away the need for boxes but it doesn't look like it does that yet.

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I was mainly talking about it through Netflix and other video/tv apps on the XO itself, but I get your point. I'd rather pay for something like Hulu and have my TV show options there. Not to mention that I don't see the XO coming without the ability to stream videos over the network / throw some movies on the cloud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3