Why I am buying an XBox One.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Kinect
Snap Mode

Microsoft is a kick-*** company and I will support them to the end of my life with every last dollar from my bank account.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the Kinect improvements are pretty sweet. Heck, more than sweet, they're ridiculously awesome - totally ready for fitness games using the Kinect now. I've played a couple of Kinect games with a friend over at his house (couldn't justify the purchase myself) and saw a LOT of potential in it. Skype is also pretty awesome - a natural extension, of course, for a system that includes and requires a camera. My family has been deeply entrenched in Skype for YEARS, and since I got my Windows Phone they've got me using it with them as well. It's perfect to be able to set up in the living room and see them on the TV. Not that I ever hooked my laptop up with HDMI to the screen, but I imagine Kinect would work a lot better and be more fluid than that setup anyway.

I really enjoy seeing the speed of the system, and yes, snap mode is okay (not sure I'd use it much) but it shows multitasking is definitely present and THAT is what the Xbox has always needed. I also liked some of their UI improvements over the 360 (FINALLY the last thing you were doing is displayed as a tile front and center. About time). I do agree that Microsoft is a kick-*** company, but they definitely have some faults and I wouldn't necessarily give them every last dollar from my bank account :p Careful with blind devotion though ;)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Looks really fancy!

One thing I'm worried about is the facial recognition sign in.. Does it ask one big pool of faces about who this is, cos I can foresee a lot of people accidently getting logged in to other peoples accounts.. eat a bag of chips to have your face bloat a bit due to all the salt and boom, you just logged into someone elses account! :D

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Looks really fancy!

One thing I'm worried about is the facial recognition sign in.. Does it ask one big pool of faces about who this is, cos I can foresee a lot of people accidently getting logged in to other peoples accounts.. eat a bag of chips to have your face bloat a bit due to all the salt and boom, you just logged into someone elses account! :D
Hahaha

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Looks really fancy!

Does your face bloat that easily?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Does your face bloat that easily?

No, my face probably cannot even bloat, but it's just known as the salt facelift :D

It was just an example, even in normal conditions there are surely some people who look similar enough for Kinect to log in the wrong person, let alone special conditions that actually alter your face more or less.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Looks really fancy!

Quotin myself, since I figured that the Kinect log in probably wouldn't automatically happen from a huge common pool for a few reasons, such as the chance for accidental log ins and the other reason being that the system would have to match a face to like dozens of millions of faces in the system, which isn't a fast task.

So with all rationality, I believe that the Kinect log-in will only work in "familiar consoles", where you have logged in manually before. This could be your own xbox and your friends place where you've logged in before and the console has matched your face to the login there as well.

Cos after thinking about this for a while, the scenario where it could login you from any xbox you havnt used before just with facial recognition just doesn't seem likely or viable.

jdom

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Kinect
Snap Mode

Microsoft is a kick-*** company and I will support them to the end of my life with every last dollar from my bank account.

same here
Love microsoft products
microsoft is the future

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The login likely works a little like it does now, but with greater fidelity.

When you create your account, you will then have it look at you from different distances and angles. And then that particular console will recognize you.

ramonq619

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
There's a lot of people that we're disappointed with the Xbox one because of no games show . I know e3 is coming and they will show some games. I recently saw a video on my Xbox from g4.tv and some guy from Microsoft said that they will blow our minds at e3

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have three 360's. I'll buy a One for the family room because all of the integration stuff looks great. Not sure yet about my den and son's bedroom though, it just seems way overengineered for use as a straight up gaming console, which is all we use the 360 for in these rooms. I really do not want to have to use a Kinect in these rooms.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
There's a lot of people that we're disappointed with the Xbox one because of no games show . I know e3 is coming and they will show some games. I recently saw a video on my Xbox from g4.tv and some guy from Microsoft said that they will blow our minds at e3
lol, Don Mattrick... or maybe it was someone else... may have gone a bit over the top on one of those interviews. He stated that someone on the Microsoft team had been going back and forth with him on whether or not they should show this one particular game for E3... Because it may just overwhelm the viewers of E3 with too many awesome games (something along those lines). I just laughed aloud on that one. Ok, we get it, you have a lot of awesome games... But they should really put most, if not all, of their awesome cards out there on the table. Let the gamers decide if it's "too much" :p

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Quotin myself, since I figured that the Kinect log in probably wouldn't automatically happen from a huge common pool for a few reasons, such as the chance for accidental log ins and the other reason being that the system would have to match a face to like dozens of millions of faces in the system, which isn't a fast task.

So with all rationality, I believe that the Kinect log-in will only work in "familiar consoles", where you have logged in manually before. This could be your own xbox and your friends place where you've logged in before and the console has matched your face to the login there as well.

Cos after thinking about this for a while, the scenario where it could login you from any xbox you havnt used before just with facial recognition just doesn't seem likely or viable.

I don't see why it couldn't pick you up from any Xbox one. If your face is tied to your live account it can easily be distributed as info on you friends list - that way when you go to a friends house your info is sitting there virtually preloaded waiting for you to activate it. I agree and I wouldn't expect it to pick you up just from any xbox one (could be amusing in department stores otherwise) but if your visiting someone that's already on your friends list it should work

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I want to get but I really feel bad about a few personal family members who can't buy one not because of not being able to buy the unit but because of all the internet connection debacle so I don't think I'll be picking one up until they fix that issue

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I want to get but I really feel bad about a few personal family members who can't buy one not because of not being able to buy the unit but because of all the internet connection debacle so I don't think I'll be picking one up until they fix that issue

Don't feel bad. Look on the bright side.

You buy one then your personal family members will have to come to you to play on it = more time with your family.

Unless of course your family is like mine where its better to not hear from them or see them. In which case there's no need to feel bad.

Bottom line = Buy one anyway. ;o)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett