The Destiny thread

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not really. I'll keep an eye out for it, but Bungie lost me when they gave up Halo. It's not that I hold it against them, I'm just more interested in Halo, along with many other games.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Im really looking forward to it. Bungie really know how to put an IP together.

Man this Christmas is going to get expensive - think I might have to cancel everyone's presents - that way no one will want me around at the time and I have more money and time to play on all these games.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Looks sorta interesting, but also feels too early to tell. Looks a lot like Defiance with another IP.

Reminds me quite a bit about the original Halo, in a good way.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks interesting, reminded me of Borderlands if it was like an MMO. But like mase, if it's console only, I don't think I'll be getting it.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not really. I'll keep an eye out for it, but Bungie lost me when they gave up Halo. It's not that I hold it against them, I'm just more interested in Halo, along with many other games.

You do realize that Destiny is the reason Bungie gave up Halo right? Destiny has been in development for 5 years. It's bound to be a great game.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm very confident that both 343 and Bungie will do their respective series proud. With so many people believing that Halo Reach was going to be the series's swan song, it was great to see 343 create such a worthy entry in the series. I don't do Halo multi player like I used to but the single player campaign is still great. Destiny looks like it's going to be great for other reasons. Hopefully the gameplay is as classic as the original Halo. The only thing I didn't like about the video above are the people talking. Their conversation is so painfully scripted, it's hard to listen to.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You do realize that Destiny is the reason Bungie gave up Halo right? Destiny has been in development for 5 years. It's bound to be a great game.

How long were Too Human and Duke Nukem Forever in development? That Bungie gave up Halo for Destiny doesn't mean a darned thing, nor does the time it has spent in development. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
How long were Too Human and Duke Nukem Forever in development? That Bungie gave up Halo for Destiny doesn't mean a darned thing, nor does the time it has spent in development. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

I agree. Development time doesn't mean anything. I was downright gitty when Duke Nukem Forever became official. Unfortunately, the game was horrible.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Destiny looks interesting, but the preview they showed off during the Sony Press Conference at E3 this year was BORING... there just wasn't any action in what they showed (at least not a whole lot...)

curseoftheninja

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to it. Bungie makes some of the best FPS games on consoles. It looks to me like Borderlands crossed with Halo, which is an awesome combination. I already have friends that are getting an X1, so I will have friends to team up with. I'm just interested to see how they handle the rpg elements. Like say I play single player and I'm at level 15, but my friend just got the game at level 1. How will the game play work? I have faith in Bungie, but we shall see in time.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I hate engineering sometimes, school is SO hard, so its not that I don't want to buy a console, its that a game like destiny looks so good that I wouldn't get any work done and my grades would plummet. ;(

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I think Halo needs a rest. I think a TV series recounting the tale is a wonderful idea, but they should wait a few more years for a new game in the series.

Perhaps they could do a multiplayer centric "Tournament Edition" on a yearly or bi-yearly basis, but they need to work on storyline awhile before releasing another game based on John.

It is becoming clear why Bungie did what they did. They didn't want to be Halo, they wanted to be Bungie, and Destiny gives them an opportunity to show their capability to generate new IPs.

Courtney S

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that looks awesome. It kind of reminds me of SW:TOR. But if they can pull it off right, this will definitely be one of my new favorite games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99