Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    Anyone excited for this?

Let's start with a 12 minute gameplay demo!

Destiny Video - 12 Minute Gameplay Debut | GameTrailers

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    If it is console only than it will be no bueno for me....
    Not really. I'll keep an eye out for it, but Bungie lost me when they gave up Halo. It's not that I hold it against them, I'm just more interested in Halo, along with many other games.

Im really looking forward to it. Bungie really know how to put an IP together.

Man this Christmas is going to get expensive - think I might have to cancel everyone's presents - that way no one will want me around at the time and I have more money and time to play on all these games.

Global Posts
    2,515 Global Posts
    Looks sorta interesting, but also feels too early to tell. Looks a lot like Defiance with another IP.

Reminds me quite a bit about the original Halo, in a good way.
    Looks interesting, reminded me of Borderlands if it was like an MMO. But like mase, if it's console only, I don't think I'll be getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by gedzum View Post
    Looks interesting, reminded me of Borderlands if it was like an MMO. But like mase, if it's console only, I don't think I'll be getting it.
    Its all format so you're safe
    Thanked by:
    gedzum 
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    Not really. I'll keep an eye out for it, but Bungie lost me when they gave up Halo. It's not that I hold it against them, I'm just more interested in Halo, along with many other games.
    You do realize that Destiny is the reason Bungie gave up Halo right? Destiny has been in development for 5 years. It's bound to be a great game.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    I'm very confident that both 343 and Bungie will do their respective series proud. With so many people believing that Halo Reach was going to be the series's swan song, it was great to see 343 create such a worthy entry in the series. I don't do Halo multi player like I used to but the single player campaign is still great. Destiny looks like it's going to be great for other reasons. Hopefully the gameplay is as classic as the original Halo. The only thing I didn't like about the video above are the people talking. Their conversation is so painfully scripted, it's hard to listen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    You do realize that Destiny is the reason Bungie gave up Halo right? Destiny has been in development for 5 years. It's bound to be a great game.
    How long were Too Human and Duke Nukem Forever in development? That Bungie gave up Halo for Destiny doesn't mean a darned thing, nor does the time it has spent in development. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Thanked by:

Thanks for the reminder. Had completely forgotten about the 7/7 things Bungie did

Global Posts
    3,204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    How long were Too Human and Duke Nukem Forever in development? That Bungie gave up Halo for Destiny doesn't mean a darned thing, nor does the time it has spent in development. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.
    I agree. Development time doesn't mean anything. I was downright gitty when Duke Nukem Forever became official. Unfortunately, the game was horrible.

Destiny looks interesting, but the preview they showed off during the Sony Press Conference at E3 this year was BORING... there just wasn't any action in what they showed (at least not a whole lot...)
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

I'm looking forward to it. Bungie makes some of the best FPS games on consoles. It looks to me like Borderlands crossed with Halo, which is an awesome combination. I already have friends that are getting an X1, so I will have friends to team up with. I'm just interested to see how they handle the rpg elements. Like say I play single player and I'm at level 15, but my friend just got the game at level 1. How will the game play work? I have faith in Bungie, but we shall see in time.

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    I'm pretty excited for Destiny as well...though for some reason I just feel more psyched about Project Spark.
    I hate engineering sometimes, school is SO hard, so its not that I don't want to buy a console, its that a game like destiny looks so good that I wouldn't get any work done and my grades would plummet. ;(

Yeah sorry its an evil google youtube link - but f*ck it this game looks so damn good - Just with this and titanfall that's the whole of next years gaming taken care of - Im not even fussed if master chief gets to dual wield needlers again in halo 5.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    I think Halo needs a rest. I think a TV series recounting the tale is a wonderful idea, but they should wait a few more years for a new game in the series.

Perhaps they could do a multiplayer centric "Tournament Edition" on a yearly or bi-yearly basis, but they need to work on storyline awhile before releasing another game based on John.

It is becoming clear why Bungie did what they did. They didn't want to be Halo, they wanted to be Bungie, and Destiny gives them an opportunity to show their capability to generate new IPs.

Wow, that looks awesome. It kind of reminds me of SW:TOR. But if they can pull it off right, this will definitely be one of my new favorite games.
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoOne View Post
    I think Halo needs a rest. I think a TV series recounting the tale is a wonderful idea, but they should wait a few more years for a new game in the series.

Perhaps they could do a multiplayer centric "Tournament Edition" on a yearly or bi-yearly basis, but they need to work on storyline awhile before releasing another game based on John.

It is becoming clear why Bungie did what they did. They didn't want to be Halo, they wanted to be Bungie, and Destiny gives them an opportunity to show their capability to generate new IPs.
    That wasn't necessary though, in my opinion. Look at Epic, who owned Gears of War, even though they REALLY got started with Unreal, one of the biggest FPS franchises ever. Look at id, who had Doom, Quake, and added a decent third game in RAGE. 2K brought out BioShock AND Borderlands. Valve managed Half-Life, Portal, and Left 4 Dead. I know that they aren't the same thing exactly, but there are some examples where you don't HAVE to be that one franchise. Destiny probably did need their full attention, though Halo probably did as well (with the other examples, it kind-of took the retirement of one franchise to get the other going).

I still think that they COULD have handled both projects through a studio expansion (like how so many Bungie folks went to 343 Industries), but it might have been more about exposure and freedom than really a lack of time. I haven't read about their decided departure, so I might be wrong. However, I would bet that Microsoft would have given Destiny the green light as an exclusive if Bungie stayed on. Destiny AND Titanfall as exclusives would have KILLED in the American market, IMO.

Me dose. Unfortunately I will have to wait till I save up enough to get it, but until then I will be waiting patiently!
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    If it is console only than it will be no bueno for me....

After the PS4 broadcast last night, I was able to see how similar in movement Destiny is to Halo. Eerily similar.. Especially in the one scene where a player jumps and shoots at the height of their jump.
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

I hope the early beta is all that Destiny has different between platforms. I'm 90% sure I'm going to skip NBA 2K14 over its decision to offer exclusive content on the PS4, and I'd hate to have to do the same to Bungie. It REALLY sucks to see part of the team that basically built the Xbox empire giving it a bit of the cold shoulder this time. Add in the possibility that Gears could reach the PS4, and it could be a weaker generation for shooters on the Xbox One.