Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    One word

IMMENSE.

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    Sweet! Although my TV is only 720p capable, but it's good to be future proof.

Also great that they included the headset. Kinect wouldn't have been very ideal for ingame-VoiP for anyone but people living alone :P
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Straight from the Major himself.

Day One and standard editions come with a headset!

Bit meh on the headset to be honest as its only mono - wont really wear it. Will be investing in a surround sound pair as soon as they are available - nothing worse than being knifed from behind

Its a beast of a console.

Sweet
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    Bit meh on the headset to be honest as its only mono - wont really wear it. Will be investing in a surround sound pair as soon as they are available - nothing worse than being knifed from behind
    The headset is only for voice chat, so stereo or mono don't really make a different here. You must be used to turtle beaches like me LOL

You must be used to turtle beaches like me LOL
    Yep biggest factor in improving my K/D ratio was a pair of those.
    Yep biggest factor in improving my K/D ratio was a pair of those.
    Which Call of Duty are you playing? I really didn't think that having them helped my K/D at all, so I don't even use them much anymore (a bit cumbersome to wear and no one ever talks).

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    A lot of people in the comments have a problem with the power brick, why? It's not like the X1 is a mobile device where it would matter. Just stick it behind the TV set and forget about it. I honestly can't come up with a single good reason to put it inside in a device like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    A lot of people in the comments have a problem with the power brick, why? It's not like the X1 is a mobile device where it would matter. Just stick it behind the TV set and forget about it. I honestly can't come up with a single good reason to put it inside in a device like this.
    I would be disappointed if there wasn't a power brick - considering how much heat the power bricks kick out on the 360 I wouldn't want it inside on a console that's more powerful.
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    Which Call of Duty are you playing? I really didn't think that having them helped my K/D at all, so I don't even use them much anymore (a bit cumbersome to wear and no one ever talks).
    Call of Duty has a huge influence on footstep sounds. They boost those sounds so that the perks that silence you footsteps actually have some value. There's no way to be silent in Call of Duty without using the perk for that matter haha.

But he didn't necessarily say call of duty. Battlefield 3 has a huge dependency on hearing the game sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    Call of what? - Oh you mean the game all the annoying kids play...

Battlefield, Halo and Gears of War are my FPS IP's of choice.
    Call of Duty has a huge influence on footstep sounds. They boost those sounds so that the perks that silence you footsteps actually have some value. There's no way to be silent in Call of Duty without using the perk for that matter haha.

But he didn't necessarily say call of duty. Battlefield 3 has a huge dependency on hearing the game sounds.
    Well, the statement "knifed in the back," is what I was noticing. I'm not sure if that happens in Battlefield (I refused to buy any EA titles when the Online Pass was out).

Also, I still find those Perks for silence without value. I always use Shock Charges and Bouncing Betties if I snipe, so I have a LOUD warning system, haha.
    I don't get the complaints when it's in the current consoles either. Now, if they added proper cooling, it wouldn't matter. PCs have more raw computing power and keep PSUs inside the, but they cool better than the cramped consoles.

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    I don't think that's a problem either when cooling isn't an issue, but like you said, PCs for example are often much less cramped and better cooled than these consoles.

Pc PSU's do tend to have quite large cooling fans on them though - I guess if they went from a brick to a PSU more the style of a pc then it wouldn't be a problem

Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    Having played some 70 hours of BF3 on PC, I don't think I've ever heard anyone come up from behind before I get knifed. That said, I just about never use any headphones (even then ones I have arnt anywhere near Turtle Beach), but I suppose better headphones would be able to pick it up, but I feel it would be too late anyways.

But it's other little things.. identifying vehicles before you see them, hearing the reload-yells, distinguishing different weapons, hell, just for the actual immersion of it all! :D
  19.    #20  
    Having played some 70 hours of BF3 on PC, I don't think I've ever heard anyone come up from behind before I get knifed. That said, I just about never use any headphones (even then ones I have arnt anywhere near Turtle Beach), but I suppose better headphones would be able to pick it up, but I feel it would be too late anyways.

But it's other little things.. identifying vehicles before you see them, hearing the reload-yells, distinguishing different weapons, hell, just for the actual immersion of it all! :D
    Yeah the footsteps in battlefield aren't as prominent, but every other sound in the game is astonishing. Every gunshot can be heard and with good speakers or headsets, the directions from which the sound came is very distinguishable.

I think the soldier dialogue in battlefield is what really adds to the game the most. If someone is down a hallway, it sounds so realistic. Their voice has a reverb/echo to it and when they shout for help or they spot an enemy, even from a good distance it can alter the gameplay choices.

Favourite sound in BF3 - Shell casings. I quite often play as support and often empty a whole 200 round ammo case down a hallway as cover - hearing the shells tinkle for a few seconds while I reload is awesome.
  21.    #22  
    Favourite sound in BF3 - Shell casings. I quite often play as support and often empty a whole 200 round ammo case down a hallway as cover - hearing the shells tinkle for a few seconds while I reload is awesome.
    My favorite is when any projectile, sniper bullet or RPG, comes extremely close to you and is a near miss. It's such an adrenaline rush, and the sounds are the cause of that.
    HOW DID IT TURN ON WHEN HE NEVER PLUGGED IT IN?!?!!??!?!??!!? omg
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Thanked by:
    Robert Carpenter likes this.
    Pc PSU's do tend to have quite large cooling fans on them though - I guess if they went from a brick to a PSU more the style of a pc then it wouldn't be a problem
    I would say that the fan on my 360 is as big (or bigger) than any case fan I've had. The difference is that I've got 5 case fans, plus the CPU fan and the PSU fan.

These comments are from Sony fans who are running out of reasons to hate Xbox One. Seeing the console in this video, finally getting a good sense of scale ... it's a sleek and elegant console and not the VCR that they've been calling it since the reveal. The PS4 looks like a toy in comparison.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast