Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MerlotC
  • 1 Post By Duvi
  1. DavidinCT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,931 Global Posts
       #1  
    This is a another title I am really looking forward to. As it's going to be the same game, does anyone know is the X1's verison is going to be graphicly or audio wise better than the 360 or is it going to be the same exact game ? I'm not talking about free maps or anything, but, will it be a better looking/sounding game than the 360 verison ???

    Also, does anyone know, if your playing it on the xbox one, will you be able to play with your friends playing it on the 360 ?

    If it's not going to look that much better or I cant play with 360 users on it, why would I want to pick up the X1 version ?

    I have a lot of 360 "friends" I play a lot of Black Ops 2 that are all planning on getting COD:Ghost, I still want to be able to play with them if I deside to pick up the Xbox one version of it....
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

  2. #2  
    They stated that cross-console chat doesn't work, so I think that says that cross-console gameplay won't work either.

    The game uses a whole new engine that was meant to improve graphics, so I think there will definitely be improved graphics on the Xbox One. Sound improvements are a possibility too.
  3. DavidinCT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,931 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    They stated that cross-console chat doesn't work, so I think that says that cross-console gameplay won't work either.

    The game uses a whole new engine that was meant to improve graphics, so I think there will definitely be improved graphics on the Xbox One. Sound improvements are a possibility too.
    Crap, no Group chats between 360 and X1 ? Really ? That is HUGE. Wow, this s.u.c.k.s. if this is true, I hope they will iron this out and fix it before release... I will get a Xbox one but, wont get that game because I cant play or chat with my firends that will stink.
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

  4. Coreldan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,532 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    #4  
    They said you can do text chat between consoles but not audio chat.

    X1 version will likely be superior in every imaginable way.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    Crap, no Group chats between 360 and X1 ? Really ? That is HUGE. Wow, this s.u.c.k.s. if this is true, I hope they will iron this out and fix it before release... I will get a Xbox one but, wont get that game because I cant play or chat with my firends that will stink.
    Cross chat will never be implemented because they said the backend systems are completely different. They also do not want the lower quality voice chat from Xbox 360 affecting the higher quality experience on Xbox One.
  6. DavidinCT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,931 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    Cross chat will never be implemented because they said the backend systems are completely different. They also do not want the lower quality voice chat from Xbox 360 affecting the higher quality experience on Xbox One.
    Yea but, it's how people play games today, if you cant chat with your friends who CANT get a xbox one now, it will wreck the experiance for people like me who play that way. So, now instead of getting the new version for the xbox one, I will have to buy the 360 verison because I know a lot of my friends/family wont get a xbox one till next year.

    I know they dont want it to work because of the new system they are using but, they should put something in place for a year or 2 giving people time to move over to the new system and allow people to play like they do now. Chat on xbox live is HUGE with some people and for me, it's really big...

    I know progress needs to move forward, but, if you are keeping your friend list and your xbox live gamer score, you should still have the basic features between both consoles. It's not like I am buing a WiiU and trying to talk to people on xbox live...It's a Microsoft product to a Microsoft product...

    It also means that I will have to buy the game 2 times, once for the 360 and once for the Xbox one(once most friends get the X1), I wonder if the seasonal pass will transfter over so I dont have to re-buy it on the xbox one (Crap, that would be $220 for one game before tax, $60 for game for 360, 4000/$50 for season pass and do it all again for the Xbox one)
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    Yea but, it's how people play games today, if you cant chat with your friends who CANT get a xbox one now, it will wreck the experiance for people like me who play that way. So, now instead of getting the new version for the xbox one, I will have to buy the 360 verison because I know a lot of my friends/family wont get a xbox one till next year.

    I know they dont want it to work because of the new system they are using but, they should put something in place for a year or 2 giving people time to move over to the new system and allow people to play like they do now. Chat on xbox live is HUGE with some people and for me, it's really big...

    I know progress needs to move forward, but, if you are keeping your friend list and your xbox live gamer score, you should still have the basic features between both consoles. It's not like I am buing a WiiU and trying to talk to people on xbox live...It's a Microsoft product to a Microsoft product...
    They gave an extremely reasonable explanation as to why it can't work. I know there were people hoping for the possibility that this would work, but were there people expecting it like a guarantee?

    If you're friends don't upgrade, that's their own fault. It's not Microsoft job to spend tons of resources implementing these things that won't matter in a couple months.

    I'm really growing tired of all the crying from people like you who simply don't understand the implications of what they are crying about. All you do is point the finger.....
  8. DavidinCT's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,928 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,931 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    They gave an extremely reasonable explanation as to why it can't work. I know there were people hoping for the possibility that this would work, but were there people expecting it like a guarantee?

    If you're friends don't upgrade, that's their own fault. It's not Microsoft job to spend tons of resources implementing these things that won't matter in a couple months.

    I'm really growing tired of all the crying from people like you who simply don't understand the implications of what they are crying about. All you do is point the finger.....
    Get over it, really, I am one of the core type of gamer on Xbox, I buy tons of games, I enjoy playing Muti-player with friends/family. As my gamer tag was coming over with my gamer score I kind of expected the basic features of the xbox to work between the consoles, I understand if cross-platform gaming could not happen, it would be a disapointment but, I could understand that but, the basic chat, I do have an issue about it because that is how I play the games.

    Not everyone has $500 sitting around to buy a brand new console on release, I know a few of my family members that I like to game with dont have it right now.

    if your really gettting tired of hearing this type of post, dont read it...

    it just means if I get a xbox one and I am playing it, I wont be able to talk to the people I always talk to when I play. Anyway about it, it's dispointing.

    And i agree, in 6 moths to a year from now, no one will care but, as a lot of people dont know about this, they will learn about it when they or their friend picks up a console...
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-14-2013 at 11:02 AM.
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

  9. MerlotC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    149 Posts
    #9  
    On a happier note.....COD multiplayer live reveal starts in a couple hours: Call of Duty: Ghosts || Multiplayer Reveal
    DavidinCT likes this.
  10. vertigoOne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #10  
    I think it depends how much you play of a game how noticeable the differences are. Who do you appease if you are trying to make money from the game? Probably the fans as opposed to the non-fans, especially when your user base is so big.

    Halo multiplayer has probably changed the most in all of the different multi-generation FPS games I have played...yet somehow it still feels the same. Likely because they really only introduce one starkly different new mechanic with each iteration.
  11. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,716 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    That's because the Needlers were overpowered as all heck. However, I'm not sure that the balance on Halo 4 is all that perfect. More importantly, they have some downright terrible maps, such as Exile. There aren't any memorable/amazing maps in the game, in my opinion, and they also severely limited the map pool in the name of map packs. There were only 10 launch maps, and they split them by game type, so if you're not in Big Team, you have about 5 maps to play on. On top of that, they have the abomination of Abandon, once of the least-balanced and moronic maps ever. Why it's in the CtF rotation, I'll never understand. It's just WAY too favorable to the team on the flat ground. Of all of those FIVE maps, Complex is the only good one.
    Yeah I see where you are coming from with the map packs - but im one of those that goes for the season pass at launch so it never bothers me much.

    If you consider the way a multiplayer match works out even a poor player can get a decent ordinance drop and pick up a super weapon to even things up a bit - and some of the promethean weapons are ridiculous. That's what I mean by the balance - its not all super players with 1000s of hours put in getting all the kills with the top weapons, relative noobs have the opportunity to start turning the tide of the game with a bit of map knowledge and a big gun. As for Exile I hated that map with a passion probably the first few months of playing it. I actually quite enjoy playing on it now - its got a bit of everything thrown in and allows for a lot of variation in play. I do tend to play SWAT a fair bit and that is the perfect game type - no bonuses, no perks, no radar, just a pistol, rifle and headshots. All skill.

    Anyways getting everything back on to COD. I just watched through the multiplayer stuff from the reveal yesterday. I may well have to eat my words and purchase the game as it does actually look pretty good.
  12. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #12  
    How about we stay on topic? Create another "who is better thread" if that is what y'all want to do.

    Yes IMHO, it will be better. Multitasking and voice commands being the main two.

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    DavidinCT likes this.
  13. Jammin1108's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #13  
    I highly doubt Activision put any effort forth to making the next gen versions better then current gen. Next gen Ghosts hardly looks better than current gen but still, there are features that come with next gen consoles that are worth having along with the game so that alone is a reason to go next gen.
  14. Jammin1108's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carpenter View Post
    They stated that cross-console chat doesn't work, so I think that says that cross-console gameplay won't work either.

    The game uses a whole new engine that was meant to improve graphics, so I think there will definitely be improved graphics on the Xbox One. Sound improvements are a possibility too.
    The aren't using a new engine, they just lied to everyone. It is the same quake engine from like 10 year ago they have been using all along with minor upgrades from the previous version. The game HARDLY looks better than before. One would think it is being played on 360 when it is actually on One.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin1108 View Post
    The aren't using a new engine, they just lied to everyone. It is the same quake engine from like 10 year ago they have been using all along with minor upgrades from the previous version. The game HARDLY looks better than before. One would think it is being played on 360 when it is actually on One.
    That's actually not right. It's from the id Tech 3 engine, which launched in 2005. It's only EIGHT years old...Really, though, it's not even a hidden matter. It says on the engine's Wikipedia that it's an upgrade from the NW3 engine, which is an upgrade from its predecessor, all the way back to id Tech 3. There's no claim that it's a new engine built from scratch, only that it's improved. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to rebuild it when they need the cross-platform functionality.

    I'd imagine if they DID get off their butts and reinvent the wheel to fix the crappy things like the franchise's terrible hit detection (ESPECIALLY with the knife), they'd wait until they don't have to worry about taxing the 360 and PS3. Expect a Treyarch release in 2014 or the 2015 Infinity Ward rehash to offer up a meaningful change to the engine. Even then, why would they bother spending big money on a new engine when they can put on a new coat of paint, save money, and watch everyone drool?
  16. DJRedLine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    184 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlotC View Post
    On a happier note.....COD multiplayer live reveal starts in a couple hours: Call of Duty: Ghosts || Multiplayer Reveal
    Sorry but it looked awful.
    They really need to go back to the simpler mechanics of MW1 which in my opinion was the best COD version.

Similar Threads

  1. 32 Seconds To Assemble A Phone
    By palandri in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-17-2013, 02:35 PM
  2. Sports armband for the 920 (from UK based retailers)
    By D0gsballs in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 08:35 PM
  3. Cheapest place to buy!
    By jms_209 in forum Nokia Lumia 521
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 07:17 PM
  4. A Polaroid app - LyPolaroid upgrade to v1.1.0
    By LyImage in forum App Spotlight
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 09:49 AM
  5. Can I...Would there be some day...
    By Tonchi91 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 09:02 AM

Posting Permissions