So what if we have 2 or more consoles.

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard if multiple gold accounts will be required if we have more than one XB1 console? I plan on having one upstairs and one downstairs and possibly on in the bedroom. Will MS require a separate gold account for each?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard if multiple gold accounts will be required if we have more than one XB1 console? I plan on having one upstairs and one downstairs and possibly on in the bedroom. Will MS require a separate gold account for each?

My guess is that you can be logged in to all three but only use the services on one at a time. Just a pure guess though.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You will not need a different gold account for all three, but just like this generation, you will not be able to play on them at the same time using just one account. You could, however, make family accounts.

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Games will be licensed to one machine right? Or is it possible to install one game on all 3 consoles and use the LAN play or online play?

If you buy physical you just take the disc and put it in whichever console you want to play it on.

If you buy digital, your game can be played from any console as long as you are signed in, but you can only be playing it from one console at a time. It's no different from the current Xbox 360.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You will not need a different gold account for all three, but just like this generation, you will not be able to play on them at the same time using just one account. You could, however, make family accounts.

If your talking about those $99 5 famly member accounts...those are gone, or at least soon...

Not sure how they are going to manage the share games in the home (something that they said) but, I am sure there will be more changes to everything before release...All they have to do is update it the first time it connects to the internet (and it's been said the console WILL be needed to connect to the internet just for setup)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If your talking about those $99 5 famly member accounts...those are gone, or at least soon...

Not sure how they are going to manage the share games in the home (something that they said) but, I am sure there will be more changes to everything before release...All they have to do is update it the first time it connects to the internet (and it's been said the console WILL be needed to connect to the internet just for setup)

No I'm talking about the new family subaccounts (the reason they got rid of the old ones) lol

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you buy physical you just take the disc and put it in whichever console you want to play it on.

If you buy digital, your game can be played from any console as long as you are signed in, but you can only be playing it from one console at a time. It's no different from the current Xbox 360.

You could LAN it, though. If the game is accessible on any console with the profile, isn't that FROM any profile on the console as well? Sign in on one console, start it up, disconnect from LIVE, and repeat for the others for LAN, maybe?

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

No its not like the 360. As I understand it, anyone can play any game online registered on the "home" gold console (the game owner does not have to be logged in). The person that the game is registered to can also play on a second console at the same time someone else is playing the same game on the "home" console (if the game is digital) .

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro