Day One (?) patch available to download pre-emptively

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
so - do you download both files there or what? the links they give say, 'download correct OS version you need' but it doesn't really do a good job at telling you what version is what...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I didn't quite get that either.

Personally I'd probably have these around "just in case", but still try to download update normally.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This might be the way to go just to avoid having to sit in agony as it downloads a 1GB update. Now to figure out which one is which. Or obviously just download them both. :smile:

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol, they took the page down.

Hopefully XBL on the One is more robust than this.

Didn't get the updates downloaded myself but I will keep checking in throughout the day and report back here when it is up again if somebody doesn't beat me to it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I saw this yesterday, I think I am just going to try it, *IF* I have an issue, I will come here and download the file. Yea, I want to play it but, if it take a 1/2 hour to download a 500mb file, so what, I will just grab another brew or something while I am waiting :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Update: A Microsoft spokesperson tells Joystiq that "the site was not an alternative way to take the Day One update and customers still need to connect to Xbox Live for the update. Because of the complexity of this customer support process we've actually removed the page and we will work with customers directly to make sure they have a smooth experience."

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
The process was too complex? There were only 2 options. And you just had to hold both triggers and bumpers to see which one was needed.

Meh.

Well... they should have just removed the link because they have created a much worse complexity by removing the instructions after a bunch of people already downloaded the files.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the files but I am going to let the xbox handle the patching. I will only use the files if the network is too congested, which I don't anticipate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs