Passkey can be easily deleted ?!!

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I was testing the passkey feature in Xbox One and found that it can be easily deleted by anyone. Xbox One doesn't ask for the passkey when it's being deleted.

If a set a passkey on a child's profile or restrict what content he can access, he can still change his own safety settings and Xbox won't ask for the passkey. The child can even delete the passkey on his profile or other profiles currently signed in and Xbox won't even ask for a confirmation, so the child can get into anything that was originally protected through a passkey.

Am I missing something here or is this a serious bug which Microsoft completely missed?

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was testing the passkey feature in Xbox One and found that it can be easily deleted by anyone. Xbox One doesn't ask for the passkey when it's being deleted.

If a set a passkey on a child's profile or restrict what content he can access, he can still change his own safety settings and Xbox won't ask for the passkey. The child can even delete the passkey on his profile or other profiles currently signed in and Xbox won't even ask for a confirmation, so the child can get into anything that was originally protected through a passkey.

Am I missing something here or is this a serious bug which Microsoft completely missed?

Did you report it? MS does reward nicely if identified as actual bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte