Anybody notice imprrovements in Xbox Update?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't gotten the update yet, but just want to know if anyone noticed any improvements. They said there was some content improvement for TV? And dashboard improvements? Maybe voice control in Settings? I understand it's a small update, but just being hopeful that there are some nice surprises xD

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I haven't gotten the update yet, but just want to know if anyone noticed any improvements. They said there was some content improvement for TV? And dashboard improvements? Maybe voice control in Settings? I understand it's a small update, but just being hopeful that there are some nice surprises xD

How do you know you haven't gotten the update?

If I didn't know we were supposed to get an update today, it would have installed this morning and I wouldn't have had a clue it had updated. I knew I had to hit the button vs. just yelling at it, and then when I turn the TV on and go finish getting dressed, and I noticed it took about 3-4 minutes for the sound to come up vs. the typical 15 seconds.

Haven't really played around yet, just watched TV.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, last night when I checked, "Xbox On" command was working for me. They said if the update happened, you wouldn't be able to use voice, and then you'd stare at a green xbox screen for a couple minutes. Neither of those happened, so I'm pretty sure I didn't get the update.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, last night when I checked, "Xbox On" command was working for me. They said if the update happened, you wouldn't be able to use voice, and then you'd stare at a green xbox screen for a couple minutes. Neither of those happened, so I'm pretty sure I didn't get the update.

Any chance someone else went through the process before you?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I shut my XBone off at 1AM Central Standard Time. When I tried to turn it on at 7AM CST voice didn't work. It took forever to boot up and I had the green screen. I got the update. I headed to work so I don't know if anything is better or not.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Any chance someone else went through the process before you?

No, definitely not. I live with my parents (DONT MAKE FUN OF ME) and they have no clue how to use the controller or operate the xbox. I have taught them how to say Xbox On and then use the tv remote. But basically, if the Xbox wasn't waking, I would've gotten a frantic call asking why it wasn't turning on.

But anyway, this is all beside the point!!! Has anyone played with their xbox post-update and are there any noticeable changes?? Thanks!!!!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I did not notice any imprrovements or any improvements for that matter ;)

But, I didn't really notice a need for much either. it still stuttered once every so often for a second or so...no biggy.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok, finally got the update. As expected, my dad was trying to say Xbox On, and it wasn't working, so I came home to him cursing at the xbox. :) Anywayy, not sure if it's the reboot or the update, but my laggy homescreen is smooth as a baby's bottom again

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, finally got the update. As expected, my dad was trying to say Xbox On, and it wasn't working, so I came home to him cursing at the xbox. :) Anywayy, not sure if it's the reboot or the update, but my laggy homescreen is smooth as a baby's bottom again

I'm glad I found the update before the husband did. He's the "yell at the computer" type. XD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99