Games with Gold is live!

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I'd look at Halo Spartan assault and it said Free with Gold, so downloaded it, thought I'd check Max Curse of Brotherhood and it's also free.

Viva Games with Gold!

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
@Gatlyn - you might be able to if you have a gold account and visit the store for Xbox One games.

- Still waiting for the sales of the month also:) but thnx for the heads up on the free game availability:)

update - it looks like there are a few that have gone on digital sale

Crimson dragon - $10
NBA2k14 - $40
COD: Ghosts - $50

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Nice find. Already have Spartan Assault so grabbing Max now.

Update: Will Max is there for free but it won't download. So perhaps its not quite live yet.

Update2: nvm. It's installing as I type this.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for letting us know - I was waiting for word from Major Nelson. Last I heard he said that Games With Gold for Xbox One would arrive at a later date this month, lol.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the sales are total junk, considering Amazon has Ghosts for $30 and NBA 2K14 for $42, and those are for the physical copies (meaning you can trade them in when you're done). Microsoft's sales for the One are comically bad every week, sadly.

Also, I am glad that they stopped requiring a credit card on the account for Games with Gold (at least on the One).

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you have friends who have Gold from 360 but havn't got the One yet, tell them to go redeem these games on xbox.com if they ever plan to get the One. Here in Finland X1 releases this fall, and I have a handful of friends who will be buying it, so this is a handy way for them to get a handful of games before they actually get the console.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Didn't they say halo:sa will be across all platforms if you buy it on one platform? Can you get it for free on Xbox One and then download it free on your phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo