Bungie snubs Windows Phone with lack of Destiny companion app

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I find it quite incredible given the amount of money Bungie has made off of Destiny, combined with the amount of money they have made off of XBOX, that they simply cannot find it in their budget to develop a Destiny Windows Phone companion app as appears on iOS/Android. They have stated they have 'no plans' and discussions on the Bungie forum have of course devolved to owners of iOS/Android belittling Windows Phone.

I find that pretty incredible that they want users to support devs but cannot program a little phone app for all platforms despite how much money they've raked in from users!

There is a request thread for the app on Bungie's forum here:
Bungie : Forum : Posts : Destiny Companion App for Windows Phone | Bungie.net

Then, there is this humorous tweet:
https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/510829663179268096

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it's something to do with the Playstation deal. Over here in the UK, all of the Destiny adverts are also selling PS4. There's no mention at all that the game is also available on Xbox.

Microsoft isn't even allowed to advertise it.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I would be more upset if I didn't already see Bungie as a group of traitors or if Destiny was actually great. I honestly just don't care about that game or company anymore.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
There is a decent third party app in the Windows Phone Store - Destiny Stats. The only things it doesn't have (which are pretty critical) are messaging, clan support, ability to change inventory/equipment, and the Grimoire Card stuff...

But, if you want to know your stats... it works well for that...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon