Digital TV Tuner (UK)

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
So I have an Xbox One Digital TV Tuner, my Xbox One is a part of the Developer Preview programme (Nov update installed 2 days ago), and I have Smartglass BETA installed on my Lumia 1020. TV on the Xbox is great (we have used this before with a YouView box) and is very slick, OneGuide is also excellent.

We have one issue, no TV streaming to smart glass. Is this restricted by screen size? I.e. Tablets and laptops not phones? Or are we missing an update that is soon to be released?

Any ideas people? Who else has one and what do you think?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Working on my laptop and Surface Pro also on my wife's Surface 2, not streaming to phones yet but I haven't looked into it yet as I have been at work, will have a play at the weekend, have a look in this forum I posted earlier today.

Bob

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry about the delay, I had just got in from work last night with my first reply.

There was a small update to Smartglass that came through this week for our devices that was the update to allow streaming, it came through automatically on both laptops and my wife's Surface 2, but it didn't for my Surface Pro so I un-installed it and re-installed it and this got it up to date.

The latest version number for Smartglass on the PC is 2.2.1410.15000

I don't know how being in the dev program will affect these updates.

Bob

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Possibly concerns regarding screen size? Or just app version... Or maybe a conspiracy to make more people buy tablets? Oh the horror!

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Got my TV ariel all hooked up last night, and got it connected to the tuner and its pretty good. Loving the whole kinect to change channels etc, so glad I bought that little box in addition :)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded the latest Beta version of SmartGlass and yes it streams to the phone :smile:

And as reported on other devices once streaming you can do other things on the Xbox.

Although I will be losing this facility at Xmas as I have bought my wife her own Xbox One and she will get the TV dongle and I will use HDMI cable, although I will probably get another dongle some time next year, although MS may allow other TV inputs to stream before I get it.....

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Rumor has it that "watch TV" and "watch HDMI", "stream TV" and "stream HDMI" will be different commands... Meaning you could stream any HDMI source via the HDMI-IN port...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes