Evolve Big Alpha

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So, who is going to be playing the Evolve Big Alpha this weekend? I got my code and started downloading the game this afternoon :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I apparently did not get it, which sucks. However, I've got Sunset Overdrive (just got home with it) to deal with, before getting CoD on the 3rd and Halo on the 11th.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I did end up getting an Alpha code, though since I JUST picked up Sunset Overdrive tonight, I'm not sure yet if I'll play. Decisions, decisions...

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got a code, I'll be on tomorrow and Sunday most likely. Pretty pumped, this was my game to get this holiday season before it was delayed.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
first impressions weren't that great for me. The loading seemed to take FOREVER.
The intro's to your character were nice, at least gave you a gist of what you can do with them.

I've played as everything but the hunter. Overall, the monster was kind of difficult because it didn't explain until in game how to eat and climb. So I got caught pretty quick because I was trying to figure out the controls.
Playing as one of the hunters was ok, it felt like a really long Left4Dead Tank battle. I played 3 games, because it takes forever to find one and for it to load up and I was left with a MEH feeling.

I will give it some more tries but right now it isn't too impressive to me.

Ploydd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I loved the gameplay and you're definitely right about the Monster. They really needed to explain eating and climbing beforehand. Now that I've gotten used to the feel of it I'm really liking it. The server issues definitely stink, but that should *hopefully* be fixed before launch.

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Anybody can gift a code?

Games seem similar to fable legends? four on one?

While I have only seen the previews of FL it is not anything like it, the only similar thing is 4 v 1, other than that I don't think they have much in common.

As far as gifting a code, no idea. I signed up on the XBone.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
If you're playing with people who communicate well - the game is a lot of fun. If you're playing with people who have no idea what they are doing - and not playing their assigned roles it is not fun and more grueling.

It's terrible when someone is playing as say... the medic and playing like they are Rambo...

The monster is a lot of fun to play with at times, but really difficult to master.

I've discovered that - though she can be slow at times - the 'dog' Daisy really helps in finding the monster. She'll always go after the monster - always.

Playing as the monster, you can set 'decoy' tracks if you want by going off on a path, sneaking, and jumping to another area. If a team doesn't follow Daisy and only follows the tracks, you can get away quite quickly and evolve to the next stages even faster.

I've played enough to unlock Hyde - the second assault guy. I'll have to try him out later today because the Alpha has been extended until tomorrow!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon